Fender MIM Strats?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3447
At what point did they start putting medium jumbo frets on these? and what was on them previously?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Do you mean Standards? The last update was in 2011 I think.  Can't remember what they had before that though. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• MattFGBI said:
    Do you mean Standards? The last update was in 2011 I think.  Can't remember what they had before that though. 
    I have a 2008 Standard and it has medium jumbos.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3447
    Yes Standards, I read that they only started using medium jumbo frets in the last few years, this was over on Squier Talk, they are mostly American on that forum so maybe their market is different. I fancy buying a Strat at some point but I cant get on with mj frets. Even a Squier would do so long as it had smaller frets. Did MIM Standards ever come in Vintage Blonde?
  • Not sure if this is any use to you but I had a Mexican '70s reissue (natural wood body, large headstock) which had very small frets and quite a curvy board. Wasn't my cup of tea but might suit you. They go for around £400 used. Lovely looking thing. 
  • The 50s & 60s Classic series also have skinny vintage-style frets. And a 7.25" radius board of course.
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    My 2002 MIM tele has thin frets - I thought on the teles they changed them in the mid 2000's - but I cant remeber where I read it.
    So I stopped in at a guitar shop today and played a MIM Tele, its got medium jumbo frets on it, I can only say I was loterally blown away by the difference, it was so easy to play, the frets were tiny, why are Squier frets the size of busses?
    Sorry, should have explained, my Squier Standard Tele has huge frets, they are like Trumps wall across the fret board, like great big speed bumps, but I thought this was normal for medium jumbo frets, after playing a Mexican Tele I soon came to realise that the Squiers frets are medium jumbo jets!