SORTED: TV Jones Classic Filtertron/Powertron or similar pickups

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BillKatBillKat Frets: 1001
    Hey Bill ,that's a great demo of the Fletcher pickups. Really sweet playing. I am looking at getting a pair,later in the year for a  thinline jazzmaster build with bigsby.
    Cheers
    Mark.

Hi Mark, thanks very much! Sounds like a fine project there...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 1298
    Hey Bill ,that's a great demo of the Fletcher pickups. Really sweet playing. I am looking at getting a pair,later in the year for a  thinline jazzmaster build with bigsby.
    Cheers
    Mark.
    Where would you find the body‽ sounds a cracking plan!
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 624
    BillKat said:

That'd odd about the bounces, he (Ben Fletcher) posted something on Instagram about a week ago I think. Maybe two weeks.

I've got a pair of his trad-wind Trons that sound great. And a hotter Classic+ level one, but as yet untried. Thinking about a Mojo Foiltron to pair in the neck. Meaty bridge & trad-style output neck is popular in Gretschland. Had TV Jones & others before, I like the Fletchers just as much. Demo linky fwiw

Nice demo @BillKat. Played clean those Fletcher pickups show impressive clarity and presence but they also hold up very well towards the end of the vid with lots of o/d.

Impressive guitar build too. Take a bow :)

Just out of interest what trem did you use and are you happy with it?

Cheers muchly @Jimbro66 :) The trem's a Hipshot stainless job with the narrow spacing, I made a stainless plate for under the pivot area, not sure how much that adds to it but it feels silky smooth and it's very nicely machined. The one bug is the trem arm fit into the plastic collar has slightly loosened twice recently, you can only get at the adjusting screw with the bridge off. I'll try a tiny dab of nail varnish or similar on the screw, maybe just needs a bit of locking in place.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 1298
    edited February 16
    @BillKat maybe try a couple of wraps of plumbers PTFE tape round the screw threads.

ps GREAT build: just watched your video
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 624
    BillKat said:
    Cheers muchly @Jimbro66 :) The trem's a Hipshot stainless job with the narrow spacing, I made a stainless plate for under the pivot area, not sure how much that adds to it but it feels silky smooth and it's very nicely machined. The one bug is the trem arm fit into the plastic collar has slightly loosened twice recently, you can only get at the adjusting screw with the bridge off. I'll try a tiny dab of nail varnish or similar on the screw, maybe just needs a bit of locking in place.

Thanks for the feedback. That's useful info.

edited February 16
    @JerkMoans ta mate. The screw's a tiddler grub screw, I'd struggle to wrap it maybe but that reminded me I've got some thread sealant glop that might do the trick if too small to tape up. It sets up but not super hard like a glue or something.