Effect sustain like the Electro-Harmonix Freeze?

ijontyijonty Frets: 32
Hey, I'm wondering what my options are for being able to hold a note with a pedal, in the way the Electro-Harmonix Freeze does?

Is that the best pedal for this sort of thing, or do I have options?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    There's also the Superego and the Superego+, or the Shift Line Force (a fair bit smaller than the Freeze), the Gamechanger Plus Pedal...the Freeze is probably the cheapest way though.
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited February 2018
    Zcat have a couple of options too, Hold - Delay - Chorus and Hold - Reverb though they're not switchable between latching and momentary without powering them off and on again. Comparable price wise to the Freeze and without the clicky switch.
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    Thanks both. Had the Zcat a year or so ago but sold for a Neunaber. If the Freeze is the cheapest, the miser in me suggests I go for that one!

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    ijonty said:
    Hey, I'm wondering what my options are for being able to hold a note with a pedal, in the way the Electro-Harmonix Freeze does?
    HarrySeven would probably nominate the Roland GR-700 guitar synthesizer (if its voice chips are working properly). 

My vote goes to the Roland VG-99/FC-300 outfit. It is possible the switch the freeze on and off by wafting the guitar neck through the VG-99's D-Deam Controller.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    edited February 2018
    + Gamechanger Plus Pedal - its an amazing pedal although slightly pricey (4/5 times the cost of a Freeze) There is a mod you can do to the Freeze allowing a sustain pedal input, making it kinda similar-ish to a plus pedal
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    MrMusic said:
    + Gamechanger Plus Pedal - its an amazing pedal although slightly pricey (4/5 times the cost of a Freeze) There is a mod you can do to the Freeze allowing a sustain pedal input, making it kinda similar-ish to a plus pedal
    Blimey, that looks incredible. Bit fancy for my needs, but if money was no object...