Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lee Anderton interview

What's Hot

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    hobbio said:
    Jack_ said:
    Y'know someone made that app or whatever a while ago that removed all mentions of the Kardashians from your web browser; can we get one made that removes all the Andertons lot?

Feels like I can't go anywhere in the guitar realm without them and their associates being a topic of conversation.
    And yet you clicked on the thread and took the time to comment...
    Of course, you can't vent on a subject without talking about the subject.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I enjoyed that - more power to his elbow and fuck the haters, they can all slope back off to their parents basements :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I've met Lee a few times. Really nice guy. What he has done with his store and youtube is remarkable. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    edited February 2018
    Fair play to him, seems like a lovely fella and I liked his stance last year regarding trolls. Like all the Andertons YT guys I'd like to have a beer with them and chat shit. They're all just guitar geeks like us and its great to see them making the most of it. Wish I'd been able to make my money that way but I'm feckless and lazy so didn't really practice enough in my youth. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    clarkefan said:
    Fretwired said:
    Andertons are my go-to store - spent a small fortune with them. Can't complain - good prices, fast delivery and great customer service. I like most of their vids as well, especially the sound like ...
    I also enjoy the vids, they've certainly put the place on the map, but I don't agree about prices. Maybe at the serious end, not an area I'm in, but for online pedal surfing they're routinely more expensive in my experience.  

Doesn't seem to matter about brand or price range, any time I look something up Andertons are always extra. And if I push the button I also seem to end up going with GAK.
    I find I end up with a lot of loyalty points and free shipping on more expensive items. I don't really shop around and have had my fingers brunt with the likes of GAK.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Lee clearly has a great business brain - and obviously understands his market exceptionally well. I’m always delighted to see someone doing well in music retail. Good on him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I love the entrance music, sounds familiar....

Great watch, and fair play to him!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    On a slight tangent does anyone know if Lee has a younger brother who plays drums ?
    I ask because back in the early noughties I used to work on the BBC Saturday morning kids show. Funnily enough called “The Saturday Show”  fronted by Joe Mace & Dani Behr. It was a low point in both mine and the BBC’s history..
    Anyway point is that there was a house band called Stamford Amp (I think) and I seem to remember someone telling me that the drummer, who I think might have been called Guy was part of the Anderson’s music family 
  • Jack_ said:
    Y'know someone made that app or whatever a while ago that removed all mentions of the Kardashians from your web browser; can we get one made that removes all the Andertons lot?

Feels like I can't go anywhere in the guitar realm without them and their associates being a topic of conversation.
    It's not the internet, its the andernet :)
  • DrBob said:
    On a slight tangent does anyone know if Lee has a younger brother who plays drums ?
    I ask because back in the early noughties I used to work on the BBC Saturday morning kids show. Funnily enough called “The Saturday Show”  fronted by Joe Mace & Dani Behr. It was a low point in both mine and the BBC’s history..
    Anyway point is that there was a house band called Stamford Amp (I think) and I seem to remember someone telling me that the drummer, who I think might have been called Guy was part of the Anderson’s music family 

I think drumming might run in the family. Lee's dad was a drummer, I think.... maybe his granddad too.

Is this they Guy you were referring to?

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I've heard Lee say that his brother is a drummer in a couple of videos.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• DrBob said:

Yes... looks like he was in Stamford Amp... think he is Lee's brother.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Probably is an Anderton sibling but it just reminded me how cringe awful and boring a drum solo is no matter how old the drummer..............why must they do it ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lee says in the interview in the op that his dad and granddad were pro drummers.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I find Lee really likeable, but can only take Chappers in very small doses.

I think what he's done with Andertons is brilliant, great to see a British music shop thriving. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    kt66 said:
    It looks like this is the holding company and the trading business - with the stock - is Andertons Music Company Partnership.
  • Good interview. Lee is very personable on camera without overdoing it. I wish it had been a lot longer, actually, as I would have been interested to hear him say more about the challenge of being a musical instrument retailer today.
  • Jack_ said:

Which, really, is the point.

What a lot of folk seem to respond to is his genuine enthusiasm for the stuff he sells. We've all spent far too much time in music shops where the staff and the owner plainly couldn't give a shit about you being there or not.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Jack_ said:

Which, really, is the point.

What a lot of folk seem to respond to is his genuine enthusiasm for the stuff he sells. We've all spent far too much time in music shops where the staff and the owner plainly couldn't give a shit about you being there or not.
    I wouldn't want it any other way.
    I don't want some smarmy sales type hovering around pushing a load of overpriced tat my way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom