£1 eBay fee’s until midnight Monday (19th Feb)

What's Hot

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Word to the wise - you have to actively opt in to these things. I listed an amp during the ‘maximum £3 selling fee’ event only to be presented with a £32 bill when it sold because I didn’t specifically opt in to the event. 

Very sneaky. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Word to the wise - you have to actively opt in to these things. I listed an amp during the ‘maximum £3 selling fee’ event only to be presented with a £32 bill when it sold because I didn’t specifically opt in to the event. 

Very sneaky. 
    Doesn’t surprise me with eBay, do try to avoid it these days but it’s hard not to when you want to sell something and need a large audience.

If anyone is going to use the offer, make sure you click “accept offer” on the link I posted.
    jakzek said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Very sneaky. 
    Doesn’t surprise me with eBay, do try to avoid it these days but it’s hard not to when you want to sell something and need a large audience.

If anyone is going to use the offer, make sure you click “accept offer” on the link I posted.
    I contacted their CS in the hope that they’d show an ounce of goodwill as I’ve been selling on there for the best part of 15 years. Nope - sorry mate, tough shit, or words to that effect. 

Only use them as an absolute last resort these days.  
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    BRISTOL86 said:

Very sneaky. 
    Same. Just got stung with a £55 bill when I’d opted in after the items were listed. Facepalm.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    BRISTOL86 said:

Very sneaky. 
    Its account specific so not everyone gets to take part. Were you invited by email? There's a button that says 'activate offer' in the main body of the email, above all the terms and conditions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited February 2018
    I pretty much only use eBay this way now.  Generally get better prices on eBay than anywhere else, if you'll post.  They do these fairly regularly, every couple of months it seems.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    DefaultM said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Very sneaky. 
    Its account specific so not everyone gets to take part. Were you invited by email? There's a button that says 'activate offer' in the main body of the email, above all the terms and conditions.
    ^^ this.

Sometimes my wife gets them and I don't, and vice-versa. Sometimes we both get them... not sure what their criteria are, but it is totally user-account-specific. If you haven't been offered it directly via email, don't expect a small bill if you sell anything.
    DefaultM said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Very sneaky. 
    Yeah I get that. But I still think it’s very sneaky to have to choose to opt in to a user targeted offer. I was getting on a train as I skim read the email and then listed the amp later that night. 

My own fault obviously for not paying attention but no reason at all to not automatically apply the offer for the valid period - the only reason to make users opt in is to profit from those who don’t which I think is a fairly sneaky way of ‘rewarding’ their customers....
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    EBay can get fucked. Spent £1600 on a computer, then a few hours later I got an account specific offer of 6x nectar points (would have been worth £50).
    Obviously I can't apply this to the transaction I just made, and I'm slightly suspicious that I was selected for the offer because of the purchase rather than it being coincidental.