Friedman BE-OD - 18 VDC Upgrade

Hi all, 

I recently replaced my Fuel Tank Jr with a 1 Spot CS6. As well as enabling me to power more pedals, the CS6 also allowed me to power my Friedman BE-OD pedal at 18VDC (two of the outputs on the CS6 can be independently switched from 9VDC to 18VDC).

I thought I would post my findings on here as I was really happy with the results. I was a huge fan of the way the BE-OD sounded using a 9VDC power supply but increasing this to 18VDC brought with it much more headroom and flexibility.

I prefer using this pedal as a more traditional overdrive, dropping the gain on the external pot as well as the internal gain control from 12 O' clock (default) to 9 and playing through the lead channel of my amp with a  crunch tone that is on the cleaner end of the spectrum. I found that using 18VDC gave me much more flexibility with this setup, allowing me to increase the gain and volume controls on the box without the signal becoming too saturated for my liking. 

If anyone has a BE-OD or is thinking about getting one, I would certainly recommend powering it with a 18VDC power supply if this is readily available to you.

Thanks for reading!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments