My morning mocha of slow blues..

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
edited February 2018 in Music
Nothing quite like a bit of slow blues by the brilliant Matt Schofield with my morning coffee to get the blood slowly up to the boil. 
This particular live version of 'The Day You Left is wonderfully swampy and his tone is awesome.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Nice .. I like that .. and I agree about the tone. I have tea .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Man, that’s superb and it’s made me go straight to Itunes to buy his last album
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    He's a bit good ain't he. I like a bit of blues 'if' it's really good  i.e. great tone and feel. Matt really has the whole package.
    I saw him live in Lichfield a few years ago with @mudslide73 ; and his tone was just awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4944
    Lovely.  Until he started to sing.  Those guys really should have to sit an exam before singing in public.  Great guitar playing though.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    Lovely.  Until he started to sing.  Those guys really should have to sit an exam before singing in public.  Great guitar playing though.
    Whaat?  I thought his singing was spot on.
  • equalsql said:
    He's a bit good ain't he. I like a bit of blues 'if' it's really good  i.e. great tone and feel. Matt really has the whole package.
    I saw him live in Lichfield a few years ago with @mudslide73 ; and his tone was just awesome.
    One of the best sounds I've ever heard come out of a Strat. Great venue too.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/119795/the-best-tone-youve-heard-in-person/p1
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RockerRocker Frets: 4944
    equalsql said:
    Rocker said:
    There is more to singing than knowing the lyrics. Singing is communication with the listener. Otherwise it is noise.  He might be good 'live' but that video has as much or as little communication as you get from the average X Factor type TV show. As I said, his guitar playing is very good....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    equalsql said:
    Rocker said:
    There is more to singing than knowing the lyrics. Singing is communication with the listener. Otherwise it is noise.  He might be good 'live' but that video has as much or as little communication as you get from the average X Factor type TV show. As I said, his guitar playing is very good....
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on the singing as I thought it was spot on  :)
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2992
    edited February 2018
    I've been listening his last album Far and Away a lot over the last three days. A superb guitarist for sure with great tone. It also led me to investigate his gear and discover SLV guitars, wow very nice. They've recreated, or replicated, his 61 strat to take out on tour. I have no problem with his singing; it sound good to me and suits the music well.