SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Custom Shop Ltd Edition 63 Strat, w. Hand-Wound Abby Ybarra Custom 65s. £1950

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1464
edited February 2018 in Guitars £

A truly fantastic strat, these were built as a limited Dealer Select run for Coda Music.

I'm in a slight dilemna, as I've already been offered £600 to sell the pickups separately - not only are they Abby Ybarra Hand-Wounds, they are the extremely rare Custom 65 set.

I could probably make more cash doing this, but my gut feeling is that since these are the pickups that came with the guitar, I should at least try to sell them together.

Other than that, it's just a great strat. Alder body, very dark chocolate brown rosewood fingerboard, 10.5" radius - and those pickups do indeed sound spectacular.

It's in great condition overall, no dings, a few light scratches. Comes in cream Fender Custom Shop Ltd Edition case, with certificate. Fender Custom Shop Ltd Edition decal on back of headstock too.

No trades please - this is a truly reluctant sale to raise funds quickly.

Will post, or can be collected from just outside Glasgow.

Pics to come in a minute!

£1950

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Lovely.  As an aside where can i get a guitar strap with a pattern like that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Souldier Straps. You can buy them off the shelf (Peach do them) or order on their website and design it yourself .My daughter designed that one for me .
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Great thanks.  GLWS
  • Thanks for the strap link - I've just bought one !

I've got Abbys in my Masterbuilt, and they are the best pick ups Ive played in a Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I have this guitar in sea foam green also  with Abby Custom 65s. Best sounding Strat ever - good luck with sale!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    PMd
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lots of questions about the specs of this guitar, so I dug them up, and I've measured the neck too.

It's 0.830" at the 1st fret, to 0.940" at the 12th.

Olympic White

Mint green pickguard with aged white parts.

Quarter-sawn maple neck with mid-’60s oval “C” back shape.

Tinted lacquer with satin finish to the back of the neck.

Round-lam rosewood fingerboard, 10.5" radius and medium-jumbo frets.

Hand-wound pickups by Abigail Ybarra: Custom ’65s in the middle and neck, with a slightly hotter version at the bridge.

5-way pick up selector.

Limited Edition cream case.

Also has the patent headstock decal and raised string tree.