SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: K-Line Truxton, Butterscotch (Nocaster) £1400

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1464
edited February 2018 in Guitars £
In my opinion this is just about THE best Telecaster made today.

Essentially this one is K-Line's Nocaster - it's even fitted with Klein Nocaster pickups, which to my ears are the finest telecaster pickups I've ever heard.

These guitars are renowned for the way they play. Chris Kroenlein's fretwork is outstanding, and the neck is a fabulous Medium U shape; it's chunky but not in any way uncomfortable (I personally find the Fender Nocaster neck too big for comfort). He also reshapes the neck pocket fractionally because he noticed that all the best-playing vintage teles he came across had shims in the pocket, so he cleverly re-shaped his pocket to emulate this whilst still maintaining a full and solid contact between the woods of the neck and the body. 

The result is not just one of the best-playing telecasters you'll ever find, but the guitar sounds absolutely MASSIVE! Seriously, the acoustic volume from this thing is outstanding, and the whole guitar rings and resonates from top to bottom.

It weighs a shade under 6lbs on my scales too! 10" radius makes it a joy to play. I previously had a Fender Nocaster that I selected from a whole bunch for its sound - I sold it to get this as soon as I tried it, because it's a far better guitar .

Comes with certificate, hang tag, and deluxe G+G case.  No trades please - this is a very reluctant sale to raise much-needed funds .I have two of these guitars and the other one is going nowhere.

This one comes in their Closet Classic finish, meaning a few wee tiny dents and scratches and a bit of wear, but it's all very natural. I've added a Rutters switch tip for about £30 because I love them and they stay on - I'll include the original one too.

I'd prefer to sell this on here because it means I might have more chance of picking it up again in the future.

Cost new is £2369, I'm selling for £1400.

Will post, or collection from just outside Glasgow is possible. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6681
    Damn, just when I decided that I'm not a fan of Telecasters and that my Nocaster was the closest I've ever come to bonding. And you post this! And you don't want trades. Damn you forever (if not longer)....  ;)

Have a delicious K-Line bump. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Buggering hell, just when I think I'm out - they pull me back in !

Best Tele out there imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3988
    Have the Klein Nocaster pickups in my Haar tele, can confirm they're great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Truxton also, they are immensely good telecasters..£1400 represents a bargain IMO
  • If its that good why is it for sale ?.
  • Recent large tax bill, new house purchase, need something else for the next project I'm working on...plus I have two of them. There can be any number of reasons why great gear needs to be sold from time to time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • The inland revenue the biggest reason and a scourge to all of us.Good luck.
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Lovely guitar.

Shame we couldn't do the trade against my Asher but I'm sure this will sell very soon.

Good luck.
  • Pm'd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom