Mojo Tele neck pickups - Any users here?

What's Hot
Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
Is anyone here using the Mojo Broadcaster neck or 52 Tele neck pickup? Verdict/comments please. Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    I've got the '52 set in my thinline. I've got no other tele experience to compare to, but I think they sound great.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418

Thanks for that @BigMonka.

Anyone else using them?

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    My thinline was put together by @PVO_Dave a few years back, Dave have you got an opinion?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    Just searched through my emails, the thinline has the "early 50's set (52 style)" pickups.

From what I remember, it sounded great as does anything else from Marc @ Mojo :) 
    PVO_Dave said:
    Just searched through my emails, the thinline has the "early 50's set (52 style)" pickups.

From what I remember, it sounded great as does anything else from Marc @ Mojo :) 
    I’ve read on the FB a lot of good things about Mojo but maybe most are talking about Mojo PAFs because there’s very little response here from Tele/Broadcaster pickup users. It surprises me.
  • Whilst i've not used Mojo Tele pickups (yet) I have had a set of his Jazzmaster pickups and just recently got a set of WRHBs from him and they are absolutely fantastic so I have no doubt the Tele pickups  will be just as good 

@GavRichList has a Tele bridge pickup from Mojo which I think is the Broadcaster?? so maybe he could help a little? 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    When I first joined here I bought a cheap second hand Mojo tele pickup. Excellent bridge pickup!
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I have a set of Marc's 60's strat pickups in my strat. They are fantastic. As are all the ones I've played in all the Patrick Eggle guitars ive tried.  I haven't heard the Tele pups. But if the others are anything to go by, they'll be top notch. Marc has a magic set of ears on him! 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    A confirmed mojo fan here.

No humbuckers. I have a Broadcaster set - epic epic epic. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    edited February 2018
    I had a set of Mojos in my old black paisley Tele (now with @Cabicular if he still has it)

I asked for something “a bit like my BKP Boss set” in my other Tele. They were smashing pickups, and if anything a smidge better than the BKPs
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Thanks @punchesjudy @Chalky @markr76 @impmann and @stickyfiddle for your feedback.

‘Epic epic epic’ does it for me @impmann D

It does seem that there are a lot of very good Tele bridge pickups available, I’ve used several of them, but it’s harder to find a single-coil neck pickup I like. Most sound pretty bland/weedy to my ear, particularly the traditional chrome-covered ones. That doesn’t mean I need an overwound hot neck pickup. My ideal neck pickup will be chrome covered and traditional sounding but with more body and punch to it.

In Doug and Pat’s vid comparing several Teles the first they used, an original 53, had a great sounding neck pickup. None of the others did, leastways not to me.

I think I’ll order a Broadcaster neck from Mojo when the shop re-opens and hope it will do the biz.

• Jimbro66 said:
    Thanks @punchesjudy @Chalky @markr76 @impmann and @stickyfiddle for your feedback.

‘Epic epic epic’ does it for me @impmann D

It does seem that there are a lot of very good Tele bridge pickups available, I’ve used several of them, but it’s harder to find a single-coil neck pickup I like. Most sound pretty bland/weedy to my ear, particularly the traditional chrome-covered ones. That doesn’t mean I need an overwound hot neck pickup. My ideal neck pickup will be chrome covered and traditional sounding but with more body and punch to it.

In Doug and Pat’s vid comparing several Teles the first they used, an original 53, had a great sounding neck pickup. None of the others did, leastways not to me.

I think I’ll order a Broadcaster neck from Mojo when the shop re-opens and hope it will do the biz.

I'd strongly suggest telling Marc exactly what you want (ie the bold bit!), and he'll help you get there. That's the best thing about all these "little guy" pickup builders. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645

I'd strongly suggest telling Marc exactly what you want (ie the bold bit!), and he'll help you get there. That's the best thing about all these "little guy" pickup builders. 
    THIS.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    edited February 2018
    impmann said:

THIS.
    This x2

I've got a vintage set & loom in my relic'd tele partscaster - sounds ruddy marvellous !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Thanks fellas. Your advice certainly makes sense. I'll give Marc a call when he re-opens the shop - hopefully on 1st March.
  • No idea on his Tele pickups but when i get home tonight i get to play my mojo gold foil / P90 pickups for the first time. Needless to say I'm excited! 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    Mojo Marc's Broadcaster is my favourite bridge pickup but my favourite Tele neck pup is his Open T, which is glorious:

https://www.mojopickups.co.uk/product/open-t-neck/

No idea on his Tele pickups but when i get home tonight i get to play my mojo gold foil / P90 pickups for the first time. Needless to say I'm excited! 
    Enjoy!! :)
  • JohnPerry said:
    Mojo Marc's Broadcaster is my favourite bridge pickup but my favourite Tele neck pup is his Open T, which is glorious:

I was wondering about that pickup myself! Might just have to order one as soon as the shop is open again. 
    JohnPerry said:

An interesting pickup that looks quite similar to the TV Jones Tele pickup. I have to say it doesn’t immediately appeal to me: At the risk of inviting raspberries I have to say that Stratty neck pickups don’t particularly appeal and I’ve generally found Alnico 5 pickups to be too bright for my taste. Horses for courses of course. Coming from Mojo it would no doubt be excellent, just not for me.