Discovering UOA5 magnets for the bridge position

I have been tinkering with bridge humbuckers for a few years now and have previously tried pretty much all the Alnico flavours except these, plus I have some experience of ceramic in my PRS HFS pickup. I looked up Throbak pickups juts out of interest (pricey!) after seeing a recent ad for them here in the classifieds and was intrigued to see that one of their PAF sets uses A2 neck and UOA5 bridge. I like the former a lot but have never tried the latter so I acquired one and put in in my Bridge humbucker - just what I have been looking for! The snap and tightness of an A5 with less of the hard attack and very bright top end (mine is an overwound bridge pickup so that helps too). Some folks seem to describe them as having the best qualities of a 2 (i.e. warmth) and a 5 without the negatives of either, I would concur with that. I think I am finally there. I go for cleaner, vintagey tones and it's a PRS Custom. This isn't a combination I see recommended very often but it certainly works for me.
This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom