Boop. Strats are fun, yo. Happy Straturday!

What's Hot
JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
Some shots were overdue! :) One is a LE CS Mischief Maker in olympic white over 3-colour sunburst alder body, with a tele neck. Pickup wise, it's got a '69 in the neck, 50's in the middle and fat 50's in bridge. The other one a one-off NAMM17-ordered CS graffiti yellow over 2-colour sunburst 2-piece ash 1956 with anchos. Both necks are fifties soft-v with 9.5" radius.

Anyhoosle, here's some gratuitous shots of the two - enjoy and feel free to share your own!

3reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5785
     Very nice shots, love them 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    The contrast between your perfect living space and your grimy guitars is amusing.

HAPPY STRATDAY! 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9347
    That graffiti yellow is incredible. Have a wow
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14520
    Straturday night and Strumday morning. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    the quality of the photograph really helps this sort of thing, they are a great photo, if I took them they would look like I'd taken a belt sander to them.

John Lewis couch ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    edited February 2018
    i'm going to come out of the closet and say it.

I really don't 'get' relic-ing. there. i said it. i like my stuff to look shiny and new, fresh out of the box.

they are still nice guitars though!

that said, both my cars have the 'relic' look, but that wasn't intentional...
  • Great guitars, but my wife caught a glimpse of the laptop screen and she's dying to know where you got that skull cushion?! 

Trust her to completely miss the point of the thread...! =)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    Why is there a Tele neck on one?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27143
    edited February 2018
    I like relics, but I don't quite get the black stain around the frets that Fender have been doing on maple fretboards of late. Is it supposed to replicate the look of a guitar that's gone rusty then been refretted?

Blackie and Springsteen's Esquire are about as fucked looking as any real guitars have ever got, and are nowhere near as manky looking! If it weren't for that the OP's white one would be GAS of the year imo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Bad-ass, both guitars...totally love them :) :)
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    darcym said:
    the quality of the photograph really helps this sort of thing, they are a great photo, if I took them they would look like I'd taken a belt sander to them.

John Lewis couch ?
    Hah! It’s not far off from what I did to the 56! And no, we had it made in Malaysia when we lived in Singapore. Which, come to think of it, might have been ripped off from a John Lewis design, so who knows! ;)
    Great guitars, but my wife caught a glimpse of the laptop screen and she's dying to know where you got that skull cushion?! 

Trust her to completely miss the point of the thread...! =)
    Haha, all good! I’ve been reliably informed by the boss that she ordered it from Modcloth!
    edited February 2018
    sev112 said:
    The Mischief Maker is the one with the teleneck - it came that way! Personally, I’ve always loved the look of the tele headstock shape on a strat body, and in Olympic White it’s a nice nod to Hendrix’ infamous Newport strat.

https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple/v4/05/f2/5b/05f25b92-0056-ec92-933f-0b8a8c785c31/mzl.ggrobmhy.png/643x0w.jpg
  • I bloody love those mischief maker strats. Proper jealous right now! 
    Great shots! 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    edited February 2018
    Just realised that you have relicced an already heavy relic one off custom shop Strat. Can’t work out if I’m impressed by your bravery or a little horrified by the idea of taking tools to such a lovely guitar.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/115487/ngd-cs-56-strat-in-graffiti-yellow/p1
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    I like that skull cushion....ive been reading too many home improvement magazines.

Nice strats btw :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Just realised that you have relicced an already heavy relic one off custom shop Strat. Can’t work out if I’m impressed by your bravery or a little horrified by the idea of taking tools to such a lovely guitar.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/115487/ngd-cs-56-strat-in-graffiti-yellow/p1
    Sorry.. nice guitar, but it was much nicer in the original form. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That yellow one is unbelievable. I love it.
  • Si_ said:

Sorry.. nice guitar, but it was much nicer in the original form. 
    Nah, less yellow is always an improvement!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    JEPBLEP said:
    sev112 said:
    The Mischief Maker is the one with the teleneck - it came that way! Personally, I’ve always loved the look of the tele headstock shape on a strat body, and in Olympic White it’s a nice nod to Hendrix’ infamous Newport strat.

https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple/v4/05/f2/5b/05f25b92-0056-ec92-933f-0b8a8c785c31/mzl.ggrobmhy.png/643x0w.jpg
    I used to have a poster of Jimi at Newport with the Tele-necked Strat and never noticed it had a rounded heel like a Strat. 

I've never attempted the swap, but always assumed there wasn't enough wood at the end of a Tele neck, rather than too much?