Trinity Rock and Pop Grade 8. Anyone got this book?

What's Hot
I need to send a copy of Sweet Child O Mine to RSL to check that they'll allow it to be used in a Grade 8 Rock School exam. I would rather not buy the whole book without knowing whether RSL will allow it to be used so I thought i'd ask if anyone has the book and would be willing to send me a photocopy (just to ask RSL about, not to actually use for the exam).

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Use any transcription. It's note for note for the record. 
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
    @guitarmangler ;
    What do you mean?
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Personally I wouldn't recommend sending a photocopy to an examining board without getting permission first.  You're probably best of emailing them you're request, and if you get the go ahead, buy the book.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    @beed84 ;;
    They said they have to see the actual transcription before okaying it. 
  • hassleham said:
    @guitarmangler ;
    What do you mean?
    As in, it's the same as any other transcription of 'Sweet Child' as it's the same as the record. Ergo, you could borrow a book from the library etc. I would argue that Rock School are being a little pedantic ( and perhaps slightly illegal ?) asking you to send a photocopy. Can you not just send one from Ultimate Guitar or something ?
    @guitarmangler ;
    Ahh right, I see. I think Rock School want standard notation rather than tab, although it is rather unclear!
  • Not a fan of the RSL syllabus, poorly structured and some of the marking isn't right, they use different discipline markers for guitar, e.g a drum tutor marking a guitar exam. Unfortunately some of my learners are entering via Rockschool so I have to do it. Much prefer RGT.
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    Literally the first result from googling “Sweet Child O Mine PDF” 

http://guitaralliance.com/private/riff-a-day/feb_05/sweet_child_o_mine/guns_n_roses-sweet_child_o_mine.pdf
    @Evo yes, I’m capable of googling things, thanks.

If you read my original post, I’m looking for the version from the Trinity Grade 8 book..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    I read your original post. If you read the responses, you'll see that the trinity version is the same as the recorded version. 

I even double checked my trinity grade 8 book to make sure that was true before I posted the link.

I don't know why you think you need a photocopy of that specific transcription but I can assure you that in order to accurately grade the piece, rockschool just need any accurate transcription. Regardless of finger positions used or positions on the neck, it'll be the same grade in the end