Ugliest BASS known to Man?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    DrBob said:
    I came here feeling certain there would be a picture of an EBMM Bongo !
    Same. I always had a soft spot for it, tbh. Better than most of these modern natural finish curly wood extra-string nightmares
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    DiscoStu said:

Would it actually be possible to play this?

You would need fingers the size of bananas to get to grips with that.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672

Pretty much any Warwick bass for me, even ignoring the blobby, shapeless headstock, there's nearly always one bit somewhere that's too skinny or too fat, or points off in a random direction.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Paul_C said:

Pretty much any Warwick bass for me, even ignoring the blobby, shapeless headstock, there's nearly always one bit somewhere that's too skinny or too fat, or points off in a random direction.

You’ll love this then... my mates warwick... snapped the truss rod and the only neck he could get his hands on was from an 80’s Charvel 

http://a67.tinypic.com/16lemg1.jpg

Now thats hideous.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    edited March 2018
    poopot said:

You’ll love this then... my mates warwick... snapped the truss rod and the only neck he could get his hands on was from an 80’s Charvel
    You can replace the truss rod on a Warwick fairly easily, it's an internally-acting type and it should slide out from the headstock end if you release all the tension on it.

That solution is much funnier though, it has to be said .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    ICBM said:
    poopot said:

You can replace the truss rod on a Warwick fairly easily, it's an internally-acting type and it should slide out from the headstock end if you release all the tension on it.

That solution is much funnier though, it has to be said .
    It’s a 2000 so not replaceable!... whats even funnier than the “warvel” he’s ended up with is warwick wanting.... wait for it.... £900 to sort it :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    That warvel is brilliant! You just know it's not had an easy life from the first moment you see it.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I hope the guy with The Warvel is called Dean...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296

The Bongo bass is a stunning instrument when you have hold of it. Definitely NOT ugly, just different.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963

The Bongo bass is a stunning instrument when you have hold of it. Definitely NOT ugly, just different.

I quite like the Bongo - it's modern and different, but without being needlessly ugly or uncomfortable like a Parker Fly, for example.

And at least it doesn't come with hideous exotic woods and gold hardware.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Bucket said:
    As good an idea as a 5-string with a high C could be, I think you really have to go some to make an uglier bass than this misshapen monstrosity from Fender, of all people. Manages to look stretched and stumpy at once.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0195/7232/products/IMG_4774.JPG?v=1444113057
    I really like those. It's certainly an acquired taste though. Very high up in my dream guitars list, the Bass V.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....