Ivison Guitars - Build and Repair Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3183
    Oh dear oh dear... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you weren't working on mine already I would be all over this, This is a stunning guitar and looks even better in real life (the subtle checking is awesome). Whoever buys this will be getting a very good guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    This is the beauty of the fretboard, you think you are all sorted for guitars and then something like this comes along and you’re immediately looking for something to sell. I’d even let my rick 330 go for this I reckon.
  • This is the beauty of the fretboard, you think you are all sorted for guitars and then something like this comes along and you’re immediately looking for something to sell. I’d even let my rick 330 go for this I reckon.
    Please buy it so I don't......
    edited July 2018
    This is the beauty of the fretboard, you think you are all sorted for guitars and then something like this comes along and you’re immediately looking for something to sell. I’d even let my rick 330 go for this I reckon.
    Please buy it so I don't......
    Buy any one of my guitars that are not for sale, or as cool as this and I will definitely take that one for the team!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    Here are two 50's TV Special Restorations that i've just completed, the '57 Single Cut is my own personal guitar and the '59 Double Cut belongs to @designerseye88  

The DC arrived like this, having been routed for humbuckers with a chisel....

Alex spent considerable effort sourcing original 50's P90's, covers and scratch plate and it's rewarded him with an absolute screamer of a guitar! 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Excellent work again! 
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    Superb work Neil...

• Thanks @miserneil , I plugged it in as soon as i got home and it is simply the best sounding guitar i have ever played, I'm so happy with it. As you can see i bought the guitar in pretty bad condition but Neil has worked his magic. 

I'll be doing a proper NGD thread soon once i get some more pics but just wanted to say @miserneil was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Every step of the way he was fantastic in helping me source original parts and restoring the guitar. Massive thanks Neil! 

....oh yeah and it sounds as good as it looks :) 
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @miserneil , I plugged it in as soon as i got home and it is simply the best sounding guitar i have ever played, I'm so happy with it. As you can see i bought the guitar in pretty bad condition but Neil has worked his magic. 

I'll be doing a proper NGD thread soon once i get some more pics but just wanted to say @miserneil was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Every step of the way he was fantastic in helping me source original parts and restoring the guitar. Massive thanks Neil! 

....oh yeah and it sounds as good as it looks :) 
    Brilliant Alex! So pleased you are happy with it, it came out great I think!

Pleasure was all mine :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Amazing work. I love seeing these old things brought back from the brink. It seems Specials and Jrs were considered fair game back in the day, I can understand that
    tFB Trader
    I just posted this on the Making and Modding Thread, thought it might be useful here too.

Here's a video I made while setting up a customer ordered guitar. Just trying to show how the more you dig in, the more you get back and how well the guitars clean up with the volume control. :)

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Saturday is Burst Day! Getting a single cut 'clothed' for the Northampton Guitar Show....

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Just finishing this one up today, fret dressing and final set up tomorrow, just in time for the Northampton show!

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'd love to have a go on this
  • roberty said:
    Sunday, Northampton guitar show!!
    roberty said:
    Sunday, Northampton guitar show!!
    Not quite in the market at the mo (R8 fever) but if I was it would be worth the 6 hour round trip
    Don’t ‘need’ yet another guitar but very interested to try one of these Sunday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @Teyeplayer Be great to meet you! 

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    miserneil said:
    @Teyeplayer Be great to meet you! 

Looking forward to it buddy.