Diago Pedal Power10 Power Supply Unit Product Recall

What's Hot
Fenderman53Fenderman53 Frets: 4
Hi All,
Just had a product recall email, (via Amazon), regarding the Diago Power Station 10 pedal board power supply.
(In case you're wondering it's the smaller power supply unit of the two that Diago distributed).
Checked out the Diago web site and there's an official notice there too. Supply your purchase details and they'll send a replacement unit that is CE compliant etc. etc.
Personally, have been using Diago units for years with no problems whatsoever, and they are super quiet too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Oooo. I got one as a freebie with a pedal from Andertons last month. Didn’t need it so sold it to a guy at work. 

I’ve been using the larger ones for years. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I have bought two and got two recall notices. I bought the second one after the first one got broken. If I'd still got that I'd get a free PSU out of this, damn. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Damn, I've bought two of these in the last 2-3 years. Never had any problem with them and both seem to work well, but seems to be quite a few who've had problems with Diago stuff failing.

Returning them's all very well, but they say they're going to take 3-4 weeks to replace them and looks like customer has to pay psotage to return them, is this right?
  • Mmm ... says return to Diago OR your dealer ... nothing about them paying the return postage.
    May just hang on to mine and see if anything appears in 3-4 weeks having registered as an owner on the recall notice.
    I've had numerous power supplies down the many years I've been gigging, including so called, (& expensive!), isolated brands. Diago has been as good as any and my 'Big' Diago power, as well as 'Little' one, have been totally reliable.
  • I got one too, for a PS10 bought in 2014.  Still works fine, although the insulation on the cable has just split - so a free (except postage) replacement wouldn't be too bad.  Sending mine back tomorrow.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Diago are horrific.  I had the Powerstation 10 and it was junk.  I had such a hassle dealing with James, including being lied to (with me having hard evidence to back this up), him not answering my calls, emails or returning voice mails.  

I finally got mine fixed only for it to break again a few months later.  

This recall doesn't surprise me.  I know a lot of people on here have had good experiences, but mine was terrible.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Diago are horrific.  I had the Powerstation 10 and it was junk.  I had such a hassle dealing with James, including being lied to (with me having hard evidence to back this up), him not answering my calls, emails or returning voice mails.  

This recall doesn't surprise me.  I know a lot of people on here have had good experiences, but mine was terrible.  
    My good experience was buying two supplies that have done their job well for the last 3 years. My experience could now be turning bad if I have to return them at my cost because they were selling products with a fraudualent CE mark.

Can't find anything specific about who has to foot the cost of returning recalled items. Will contact Diago to ask, but on principle it's taking the piss to expect me to be out of pocket because Diago didn't bother to ensure their products met the required safety standards.
    Octafish said:

My good experience was buying two supplies that have done their job well for the last 3 years. My experience could now be turning bad if I have to return them at my cost because they were selling products with a fraudualent CE mark.

Can't find anything specific about who has to foot the cost of returning recalled items. Will contact Diago to ask, but on principle it's taking the piss to expect me to be out of pocket because Diago didn't bother to ensure their products met the required safety standards.
    Good luck dealing with them, James is the biggest spoofer going. 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Sent mine back today, cost me £3.90 2nd class signed for.

Sent them a message asking how they will reimburse me. I can be an absolute tinker if people get awkward with me.

These pedals are not the cheapest, so they must be making plenty of gravy. £39.99 now at Strings Direct.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mbe said:
    Sent mine back today, cost me £3.90 2nd class signed for.

Sent them a message asking how they will reimburse me. I can be an absolute tinker if people get awkward with me.

These pedals are not the cheapest, so they must be making plenty of gravy. £39.99 now at Strings Direct.
    Good luck mate.  Let us know how you get on.  
    His reply..."I'll come back to you ASAP".

We're talking about £3.90 here, not some high level negotiation to buy the company. I "came back to him" and called him out.

I will enjoy playing this. 

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Could somebody post a link to the website please? I have a ps01 - is that the model affected?
  • horse said:
    Could somebody post a link to the website please? I have a ps01 - is that the model affected?
    The PS10 is the affected model:

https://www.formpl.us/form/5262074688045056
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    mbe said:

We're talking about £3.90 here, not some high level negotiation to buy the company. I "came back to him" and called him out.

And with all the time and effort you will be putting into this do you think getting someone to pay £3.90 will be a worth while victory?

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    mbe said:

And with all the time and effort you will be putting into this do you think getting someone to pay £3.90 will be a worth while victory?

It's the principle. Many businesses pull a fast one on the customer because they can rely on that fact that a lot of people can't be bothered or haven't got the time to pull them up on it. Unfortunately the 'is it worth brigade' just encourage this sort of behaviour. Besides chasing someone up with some email or phone calls really does not tale that much time and effort, certainly no more than browsing and posting on this forum ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    horse said:
    The PS10 is the affected model:

https://www.formpl.us/form/5262074688045056
    Thank you - I'm safe then!
  • I have two of these and certainly are not junk. I also used to have the bigger one which was also very good at its job until a friend lost it.

do I really need to send them back? I really can’t be bothered 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've had another reply from James and he is compensating customers in lieu of sending out pre-paid postage. Amazon were supposed to provide more information but the lack of that has caused the confusion.
    mbe said:
    I've had another reply from James and he is compensating customers in lieu of sending out pre-paid postage. Amazon were supposed to provide more information but the lack of that has caused the confusion.
    Cheers, that's good to hear, a worthwhile victory ;) . Will have to send mine off.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    FWIW I've got two of them (one from 2013, one from 2016) and both of them appear to be working absolutely fine.

Contacted Diago rather than using the form, as there were two units and I could see it going all to hell if I used the form, and it appears to just be a case of send them back second class and get two new ones. Although James did neglect to tell me the address to send them to, which makes it awkward until he responds to the follow-up! So we'll see.

Overall Diago are still in credit with me - I've got one of their pedal boards and after a few years of lugging it about the handle casing cracked. They sent me out a new kit to sort both handle clamps free of charge, no quibble, no hassle. Let's hope it doesn't change my view!