Thanks a lot you bunch of b#stards

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12500

I don't get to guitar shops much, needed some strings today so went to PMT Portsmouth, I usually spend hours dribbling over guitars and amps but I see so many stunners on here as everyone seems to have gear Clapton would lust after that I was in and out in 5 minutes.

So cheers for that everyone you've ruined guitar shops for me!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9809
    Not all guitar shops surely? Places like PMT and GuitarGuitar have their ‘Fender Wall’ and their ‘PRS wall’ but not too many other brands. Get yourself over to, say, Coda for the interesting stuff.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4983
    I went to Andertons today and didn't even stop to look at the guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    PMT Portsmouth isn't particularly inspiring anyway @munckee .

I quite like Music Room in Commercial Road for the books, and Guitar Sound in Chichester is a great place to spend 40 mins. 

Have you seen the used place in Chichester near Priory Park? 
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    I have to walk past a wall of Fender, ESP and other assorted guitars to get through the store to get to the teaching rooms everytime I go to work.  It* hasn't%^ ef(fected me a bit///////??!$$$$$$$

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12500
    Fuengi said:
    PMT Portsmouth isn't particularly inspiring anyway @munckee .

I quite like Music Room in Commercial Road for the books, and Guitar Sound in Chichester is a great place to spend 40 mins. 

I agree about PMT preferred it as nevada.  I like guitar sound, I work in Chichester and had no idea there was a used place there, I will have to check it out @Fuengi ;
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    Fuengi said:

@Fuengi Had a quick Google and it looks like that Music Room is "permanently closed"
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12261
    munckee said:

I don't get to guitar shops much, needed some strings today so went to PMT Portsmouth, I usually spend hours dribbling over guitars and amps but I see so many stunners on here as everyone seems to have gear Clapton would lust after that I was in and out in 5 minutes.

I was in PMT Cambridge the other day with a group of Fretboarders.

I found them a great bunch to hit the store with.

Sure we do have some very well heeled people who own dozens of multi thousand pound guitars, but we have far more with Squiers and Epis.

Plus the quality you get on a £500 guitar these days is superb.

Incidentally, I know your post was a bit tongue in cheek, but what you have to pay to get an interesting guitar is a good topic for a thread.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    duotone said:
    @Fuengi Had a quick Google and it looks like that Music Room is "permanently closed"
    Really? Wow, that's a bit of a shame. I probably go to Commercial Road once a year and always go in. Guess I haven't been for about a year. 

munckee said:
    Fuengi said:
    I agree about PMT preferred it as nevada.  I like guitar sound, I work in Chichester and had no idea there was a used place there, I will have to check it out @Fuengi ;
    There is a guy who has set up shop selling his own (very large) collection of guitars and amps, mostly vintage stuff. I went in a few weeks ago and he had two Kay's from the early 60s sitting around. Some really interesting stuff, prices seemed reasonable and I think he takes trades. 

The unit is right next to the north west entrance to Priory Park, he's open most of the time. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4983
    munckee said:

Sure we do have some very well heeled people who own dozens of multi thousand pound guitars, but we have far more with Squiers and Epis.

Incidentally, I know your post was a bit tongue in cheek, but what you have to pay to get an interesting guitar is a good topic for a thread.
    I've been in PMT Cambridge a couple of times and haven't been that impressed; once I was looking for a MIDI Thru Box and asked one assistant who pointed me at one of his colleagues who did the quizzical "a MIDI Thru Box, sir?" routine.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    I was in Denmark Street twice in the last week. Was completely uninspired. Saw one guitar (a Guild Bluesbird) that made me consider parting with funds. But it was on the wall behind about 20 guitars on the floor, and I just couldn’t be bothered with the faff. For all the times when it can be a pain in the ass I think I would rather buy from an individual...
    There's enough on here I can't imagine I'd buy new again unless there was something I just couldn't track down.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1957
    prowla said:
    Were you running out with an amplifier?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    prowla said:
    munckee said:

I've been in PMT Cambridge a couple of times and haven't been that impressed; once I was looking for a MIDI Thru Box and asked one assistant who pointed me at one of his colleagues who did the quizzical "a MIDI Thru Box, sir?" routine.
    They probably thought, "What's a Midith Roobox? "
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    prowla said:
    munckee said:

They probably thought, "What's a Midith Roobox? "
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    prowla said:
    did you pick up a Roland Cube though?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I called this thread "thanks a lot you bunch of bast'ards" and because of your bright idea @Fuengi I went to see Trevor at the guitar shop near priory park, looks like it might cost me £800 and maybe my marriage - thanks a bundle : )
    munckee said:
    I called this thread "thanks a lot you bunch of bast'ards" and because of your bright idea @Fuengi I went to see Trevor at the guitar shop near priory park, looks like it might cost me £800 and maybe my marriage - thanks a bundle : )
    You're welcome!

What did you find @munckee
    Nothing bizarrely just had a chat about what guitars I liked and what was floating my boat, he has a mate wanting to sell an 80s tele so he is going to get it in for me to play.  In all reality will require a sale of my roadworn on here but if its great then its v possible.

He had a nice 78 tele in there but over £2k out of my reach!