Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Peach have just put a Hudson Broadcast 2-button custom SKU up for preorders this morning...

What's Hot

Comments

• @jacklawtey, nice work.  On what voltage are you powering your Broadcast?
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    @jacklawtey, nice work.  On what voltage are you powering your Broadcast?
    9v there! 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Are there any demos out there that nail this pedal? What I've found so far is a bit hit and miss ;-/
    I’ll demo mine for you tomorrow if you want. In any way you see fit. Got a 57 and a nice preamp here. What context do you want to hear it in? Jazzmaster and Guild S100 at my disposal. 
    I’d be very interested in seeing a video. I preordered one last week. Jazz master please! 
    Are there any demos out there that nail this pedal? What I've found so far is a bit hit and miss ;-/
    I’ll demo mine for you tomorrow if you want. In any way you see fit. Got a 57 and a nice preamp here. What context do you want to hear it in? Jazzmaster and Guild S100 at my disposal. 
    Thanks for the offer...just want to see how the low/high options balance, how it can be boosted, etc. Probably not that interested in 'everything on 11' settings ;)

There's a couple of nice vids out there...one with some nice low gain stuff.

Here's an out of focus demo for you. Amp was whisper quiet, apartment volume. It's a '68 Deluxe Reverb reissue with an SM57 in front, into a Warm Audio WA12, no other processing. Big Sky for some reverb, little comparison against the Timmy, and some Belle Epoch scattered about. 

Guitar is a JM66b Jazzmaster with Jess Loureiro pickups. 

https://youtu.be/wHXlZD0y3Tk
    Wow awarded. Lovely demo. Thanks for taking the time 
    How very rock and roll
    Nope! Timmy is my boy, little smoother. Broadcast does the angular thing well. And no problem, Ben!
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    @jacklawtey you can play. Please post more vids!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @jacklawtey you can play. Please post more vids!
    Thank you! And of course I would but I don’t know if I have much that hasn’t already been demo’d out the arse to be honest.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    What's the going rate on these? I could be tempted to sell.
    Lebarque said:
    What's the going rate on these? I could be tempted to sell.
    I just sold mine at 2, what I paid. Depends on if somebody is willing to pay £30 to skip the wait. One sold on eBay at £170, a single footswitch one. You’d get 2, I reckon. Maybe more if you’re lucky.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    I’m glad I heard that demo, it’s killed my GAS stone dead (not because of the playing though! Great quality demo). 
  • @jacklawtey Good demo...thanks ;)
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    edited April 2018
    Great demo - I think it really showcases the pedal well. 

I dont view this pedal as a flavour of the month thing at all. I bought it and without question I’d say it’s the best drive pedal I’ve used. It’s all subjective of course but for my purpose it’s spot on. A sort of fuzz sort of drive tone is massively appealing to me. 

I think we as guitarists get caught up in hype quite a lot but the reality is that no one pedal (guitar or amp) will suit everyone. The fact that some love it and some don’t care for it isn’t a shock. Same with the list of pedals that has been mentioned as previous “page favourites”. What we can say about the Hudson’s and Thorpys etc are that they are very well made pedals that have their own sound. Whether that’s your sound or not is a different question.
    It reminds me somewhat of the Fairfield Barbershop, the lower gain side is subtle but adds lots of grit and grind. The higher gain channel is pure console fuzz, down to those squishy compressed notes when you attack. Kind of sounded too spanky with my JM and too plonky with my Guild, probably more of an issue of the polarity of my guitar choices. 

A fine thing, I just prefer smooth goopy sounds.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I’m glad I heard that demo, it’s killed my GAS stone dead (not because of the playing though! Great quality demo). 
    Me too @Moe_Zambeek as you say not cos of the playing but the sound I didn't like.  I've found something else now that is though :) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Ariel Posen just posted a real life pic of one of these on his Instagram stories so hopefully they will be shipping shortly?
    How very rock and roll
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Ariel Posen just posted a real life pic of one of these on his Instagram stories so hopefully they will be shipping shortly?
    Peach told me June. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    @Whitecat many thanks for the heads up, and @jacklawtey many thanks for that sublime bit of fretfulness in your demo.

Have been seduced by the hype and slapped down my deposit at Peach.  In this age of instant gratification it might be quite the experience actually to have to wait for something for a while...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    I've got a Broadcast in the classifieds if anyone wants it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    @Whitecat many thanks for the heads up, and @jacklawtey many thanks for that sublime bit of fretfulness in your demo.

Have been seduced by the hype and slapped down my deposit at Peach.  In this age of instant gratification it might be quite the experience actually to have to wait for something for a while...
    Hope you enjoy it! Wasn’t my flavour but still a beautiful thing. Was actually disappointed to sell it but I must allow my ears to override my brain!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    JerkMoans said:

Hope you enjoy it! Wasn’t my flavour but still a beautiful thing. Was actually disappointed to sell it but I must allow my ears to override my brain!
    Well there's a bunch of video reviews out there that piqued my interest.  It certainly doesn't seem as if I'm likely to lose a ton of cash even if I decide it is the emperor's new clothes :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer