Origin Effects Revival drive ..

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    not as big as I thought
    That’s what she said 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    @HPhillipsmusic please let us know which amp you're using the pedal with, whether the custom version is worth the extra buck and which pedals it did away with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In the last 5 days I've been through a SF Princeton, a SF Deluxe, a BF Twin and a BF Super Reverb - all sounded good with the pedal with a bit of minor adjustments to the hi-shelf and bright cap cut dials. I have the custom version - obviously haven't really needed it yet as the EQ1 position on the pedal is designed for blackface fenders (found it worked fine with silverface too). I do think that I'll need a proper session to sit down and get my head around the custom panel, for touring musicians who face all kinds of backline, it's a must have feature I think. If you play pub gigs or something and know you'll only use one type of amp maybe it's a little much. 

Removed my beloved Archer which I've had nearly always on for years - the right side of the pedal does this role great. Removed my Interstellar overdrive, Earthquaker White Light, and even my fuzz pedal (which I always used very conservatively anyway). The left side of this pedal can get plenty rowdy enough for me with the mid boost and blend override cranked. You effectively get 6 different switchable tones with the pedal+footswitch. The right side for me is tight, does the Archer sound well, with mid boost engaged can get tube-screamer'y with more transparency and sensitivity, with the blend override on it can get plenty heavy enough, but at the moment for me it's set just to sound like im pushing the amp - which through a Super is very handy when you can't really get the volume past 4. 

Plenty of bigger shows coming up soon by which point I'll have it more dialled in and can report more!

Any of your shows ever make it to youtube? It would be great to hear the pedal in action LIVE.
    I'm interested to know whether the revival drive can push a fender amp to sound like a marshall, especially by going through the FX loop and pushing the power tubes only. My amp has 6L6s so I'm curious if the EL34 are particular to the plexi sound.
    I have a blackface sounding amp, a vox sounding amp and a marshall sounding amp (I know, I know). I hope that they would be happy without the custom unit. As you say, it seems more suitable to a touring musician with an ever changing backline.
  • You've basically described one of this pedals selling points, it can make a Blackface sound like a cranked Marshall. Using the endless adjustments between US and GB pre amps, US and GB Bright Caps, as well as adjusting the lows, ghost tones, you can get spookily close to anything you want really.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Has anyone tried this with a Vox style amp?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    That ghost notes thing is incredible. I'd previously never heard of it, and once I heard it, I wanted it ahhahaah!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    That ghost notes thing is incredible. I'd previously never heard of it, and once I heard it, I wanted it ahhahaah!

Just blow a kazoo in time to your playing - much cheaper ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Has anyone tried running a fuzz into the revival drive? Is there any excessive clipping or does the fuzz sound as natural as it does with a true amp?
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 390
    Veteran Ge fuzz played before is great...so so amp like.
    I mean soooo amp like!!!
    Jeez, @JonHosker, you’re not making my resistance any easier.
    Are you using it in front of the amp (I assume in the final position) or in an fx loop? 
    Front of amp (no loop on mine) 
    Tuner - Thorpy Vet Ge - Vibe Machine 2 - Revival Drive - Boss CW2 - Chrono delay- Belle Epoche deluxe - ditto looper
    Its stunning....i sold three top drive pedals to buy this fine pedal.
    Drive done! 
    edited May 2018
    Week two of revival drive on the pedalboard, @JonHosker and @HPhillipsmusic. Have you anything negative yet?
    Really happy with it...only drive on my board - Ge fuzz on top is a nice bonus boost too.
    In my ears it sounds far more 'real' than anything else I have tried.  Although I am comparing
    lots from memory. Versatile drive sounds and cleans up - 8 on the volume using my low wind type strat pickups
    is great. What more do you need to know?

JonHosker said:
    Really happy with it...only drive on my board - Ge fuzz on top is a nice bonus boost too.
    In my ears it sounds far more 'real' than anything else I have tried.  Although I am comparing
    lots from memory. Versatile drive sounds and cleans up - 8 on the volume using my low wind type strat pickups
    is great. What more do you need to know?

Other than fuzz, I’ve never had a drive that cleans up without losing the strat clarity. I’m thinking the range of Hendrix at Monterey on like a rolling stone, from clean sparkle in the verses to drive on the chorus to cranked at the chorus end. If the Revival does this, I’m in. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3754
    ^ No pressure then! ;0)
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    Just watched this and .... it made me smile!!
    What an amazing bunch of tones 
  • Yes @lukedlb the Revival cleans up very well and is so responsive to pick attack as well as volume pots!