SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1964 (vintage not reissue) Gibson 345 FOR SALE

What's Hot
shugzshugz Frets: 768
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
1964 Gibson ES 345 for sale.

Genuine oldie-goldie ES Gibson for sale. I've basically decided to call it a day hence the sale. Superb original ES345 from '64 in really good condition, no major issues. This guitar has been played over the years so I'm not trying to convince anyone it looks glass clean nor like a new VOS one. It is however is very good mostly original condition and plays/ sounds superb. It has some interesting history as well albeit I'm not adding up any value with that. Quite cool though nevertheless....

As mentioned, no major issues barring the following:

older refret (with nibs)
old pat pend Grovers fitted
Varitone (original) removed and top quality (CTS, PIO caps) mono wiring harness fitted with original Varitone kept safe and will sell along with the guitar.
3 bridge saddles non original but high spec/ quality.
It wore an old Gretsch style 'pad' at the back to protect it. This was pinned on. Now removed and back fully cleaned up and holes sympathetically filled. Looks fine and the holes whilst there are not glaringly obvious. 
Pickups are in very good original condition and sound fabulous. However, the braided wire hookup to the volume pots has been professionally 'joined/spliced'. Does not compromise tone or sound but thought it best to mention.
Bone nut/ full pro setup

Original yellow lined case, finish, NO BREAKS or structural work, original Clapton-era Pat Number humbuckers (without issue).  Great playing, fully setup and gig ready guitar that could be playing or recording tonight. I'll miss it but cest la vie. It's a lot of cash I know for some old wire and wood so I'm not trying to open up the vintage vs new debate, just sell a nice guitar. 

Full folder of pics available, plus I can send a link for a ruff Youtube home/ fone demo as well from s few years back and I do have videos and soundclips as well. I am Glasgow based and will not be posting this but I am happy to be reasonable on your air fare/ mileage/ diesel costs if you want to travel and get it, it's worth it. Basically, come and have a close look and play and I'd wager you'll be very happy. You can have a complimentary Irn-Bru if you want too.

Available now, £7500 but sensible offers may be considered. May consider nice part trades plus cash my way. 

I've been around too long for any deal nonsense either so please bear that in mind. That's not really a go at the great and good here though just have a ponder first before launching any hoo-ha my way.

A warm welcome awaits anyone that thinks this might compliment their collection. Thanks for looking, please holler for any further information.

I'm not usually on here much these days so if there's genuine interest please send me an email as I may not receive a PM notification. I checked in tonight to find I had some I'd missed, my apologies there.

shooyboy 'at' gmail 'dot com

Cheers
Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thank you.

H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    that's a nice one!
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    I think you mean Pat # pups Hugh
    Super thanks @andrewaward ;

No matter how many times I proof read that I just knew there would be something. Now amended.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    This makes me a little bit sad @shugz - hope you’re not quitting playing completely? Looks a lovely example, from a great era for Gibson semis. Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks kindly @richardhomer Yes, basically had my fill so that's me.

I'll probably be back on the horse one day but genuinely (as we say here) absolutely scunnered with guitars and music in general. Maybe it'll pass, we'll see. This one is too nice to keep locked away.

Best wishes and thanks
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1199
    Shitting crikey Hugh! Stunning guitar and, looking at what the reissues go for these days, a great deal for someone with the money. I'm just sad to read that you're packing it all in.

Still, no point in forcing yourself to be involved with something that doesn't float your boat. It's supposed to be fun and if it's not then I understand. Good luck with whatever you choose to do next. My best guess is that you don't do things by halves (if the guitars are anything to go by) so you'll get pretty darned good at something else!

Good luck with the sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pruddprudd Frets: 653
    Have a WOW. I wish I had the dosh
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Fuck that’s epic.  
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    I want that. The guitar that made me want to start playing. Maybe if I kill my father in law. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

From a few years back. Go easy please on all fronts as by no means a professionally made demo. It may or may not give an idea of the guitar in question however no matter how much I prattle on during the first part! 

Thanks to all that have taken the time to comment. Not an easy decision to come to in stopping playing/ selling this but, whilst I'm not denying the funds from this would be great too, it'd be nice to see this go and be used regularly somewhere too.

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428

Had the privilege of playing this 345 a couple of years back, fantastic ES, plays and sounds fantastic.  Great neck profile on it. 

Sorry to see you letting it go Hugh.

ESchap said:

Had the privilege of playing this 345 a couple of years back, fantastic ES, plays and sounds fantastic.  Great neck profile on it. 

Sorry to see you letting it go Hugh.

Thanks G :)

www.proudhoney.com

• The guitar world will be a lesser place without you Hugh.

You are a consummate Gentleman. 

However it goes, I wish you everything that's good.

Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    What a cracking guitar. Bet that is one you thought you'd never sell.

As a matter of interest I emailed you some time ago about the lead and bass amp you were selling. Is it still for sale? If so could you pm me.

Good luck with the sale of the guitar.
    edited April 2018
    Thanks again for all the positive vibes and comments. Very kind, humbled.

Kerryboy please accept my apologies. I only checked in last night and your message was there. I'm sorry I missed getting back. Not intentional I assure.

Unfortunately the Lead Bass has gone. I do have a rather different '77 mv 50w 2x12 jmp combo (thin Lizzy in a box) if that's any use though? 

Many thanks
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited April 2018
    Lovely guitar, and as a '64 335 owner I feel your dilemma. Congrats on presenting your reasoning so eloquently too, as a more mature player myself I can't help thinking I'll be  considering similar sales at some point, though not quite yet. GLWTS, and for anyone who doesn't already know, the '64 neck profile is definitely the most desirable, and that's a very reasonable price.

Thanks Misty.

They are great guitars as you know. Your 335 sounds the business. A guitar I've always wanted as well but never quite got there. Had a good few old ES in my time but a 64 335 was probably top of the bucket list for me at least.

My 345 might stay, It's not something that will have a lot of serious interest. Understandably as it's the price of a decent family car but I'm happy if it goes and gets used on the road. Too many oldies are locked away in a case I think so it's great seeing one getting some use. I'll be sad if this sells but I can live with it if it does. I have some others I'll keep in case I decide to start again.

I think you're right on the neck carve too. Not too fat not too thin and not the acquired taste cocktail stick style ones of the later 60s. 

Best wishes 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• MistyMisty Frets: 135
    Thanks shugz, and I agree these should be used, mine is gigged regularly, albeit in selected venues! Good luck.