SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Or Trade Fender Japan 62RI Telecaster (Antique White/Unbound)

What's Hot
steviebee74steviebee74 Frets: 33
edited March 2014 in Guitars £

Looking for decent offers or consider trade for a Fender P Bass! I particularly like the early 60s type/spec so the equivalent Fender Japan 62RI Precision would be ideal. I am also open to offers for cheaper/more expensive Fender P basses plus cash (in the appropriate direction)!

Looking for £525 but probably more interested in the trade aspect. It's the same as the one shown here (white option):

http://www.theguitaremporium.com/Fender-Japan-TL62-US-FJ-TL62-US.htm

This is one of the non-export/domestic-market only models imported by a dealer here in the U.K.

It is like brand new. There are three small dings which I have tried to photograph and a small chip to the paint by the treble side of the neck pocket.

Eagle-eye viewers will spot the fact that the control plate is the wrong way round putting the controls in the following (front to back) order: Volume-Tone-Switch. This is a mod I always have done to all my telecasters as I prefer the quicker access to the volume pot so I had my local tech do this as he set the guitar up for me when I bought it.

Not only are the controls now in a different order but the following parts have been changed for better quality USA-made units:

Pots: CTS 250k
Switch: CRL 3-Way
Jack: CRL
Capacitor: Bare Knuckle
Wiring: Vintage Cloth-Covered/Wax-Dipped

This significantly improves the signal quality of the electrics and easily puts this on a par with the current US made vintage reissues.

I bought this very recently as a backup to my other tele but, in the intervening days, I saw for sale another guitar that I couldn't resist buying so this one is going before i become attached to it as I need the funds for the other purchase.

Make no mistake, this is a 'players guitar' and is in fantastic condition. It really plays well and is lovely in the flesh. It is easily a professional quality instrument.

Note: I have decided to include a quality Ritter gig-bag in the sale but I would still prefer to not send it through the post and have stated collection-only. I may be open to discussion on this if anyone knows of a good & reliable service they have used in the past.

Potential buyers are welcome to try the guitar, just let me know if you want to come, I am 5mins from M1 J26 (so drop your missus at IKEA & nip round here!).

Any more questions, (also pics as I can't work out how to post on here) please contact by phone/text on 07989952656.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments