Heaven is a Telecaster Part 2

What's Hot
GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
Picked this up off Gumtree a couple of weeks ago and have been delighted ever since. I've owned a fair few Telecasters over the years and I think this may have been the cheapest but is definitely my favourite! 

MJT licensed alder body finished in Sherwood Green nitro, light checking and more chips every day! Neck is an Allparts licensed TRO-C finished by MJT in nitro with some very light relicing / wear on the back - got an Earvana nut at the moment, that might go. Hardware is a Fender vintage bridge with brass angled saddles and a very lightly aged single line nickel Klusons. Electrics are good - CTS pots, PIO cap and an Oak Grigsby 4 way wired to BK Flat 50s. And finished off with slot head screws everywhere which might be a pain in the arse but - look good but shouldn't really be on a custom colour Tele. It's light but I can't weight it accurately - somewhere between 7 and 8 lbs according to digital bathroom scales. Body is mega lively - really loud unplugged and these BK pups are immense! I'm loving it!image
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Nice Tele, now tell us more about those fancy wall hangers that keep the guitar horizontal?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 745
    Very nice, I've just finished my 7 string tele copy. They're a very versatile guitar.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

Nice Tele, now tell us more about those fancy wall hangers that keep the guitar horizontal?

I'm in Scotland - we have devolved gravity.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It seems if you click the pics, they turn the correct way - weird!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    Excellent!

Best Fender colour ever :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

Sweet! To me heaven is a Telemaster...and the specs are the same as yours strangely enough. MJT light relic body in fiesta red, Allparts neck (TMO-FAT) and BKP Flat 50's too.

Awesome looking Tele you got here.

• A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    Lord that's lovely, not far off how I'd design my ideal (reasonably priced) Tele either, you got very fortunate there. May I be nosy and ask about how much it cost you? Just wanna know whether I ever had a shot at it or if I can be safely jealous knowing it was out of my range all along :P
  • That's actually got a decent 'old' job, too, not a stupid relic one.

Very nice :D 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    I like that a lot! Congratulations!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    Cheers guys! This is a keeper for sure - especially because it wouldn't sell for enough to even make me consider getting rid! Funnily enough I was thinking of putting together a Telemaster with similar specs when this came along. That was going to be shell pink, never even considered sherwood green before - in my mind it was only slightly more desirable than burgundy mist. Changed my mind now though - loving the green! :-) Without getting into the relic debate, some seem over the top to me but I think this just about gets away with it. 

It was advertised for £500 but nobody was biting so I got it for £400 it had a couple of wee problems but I have made a few cheapish changes to it - 
    • set it up - action was too high. Just took a truss adjustment and lowing the saddles to get it perfect. £0
    • New scratch plate - it had a warped pure white vinyl single ply. New 3 ply one was £10.75
    • Tuners - it had chrome wilkinson kluson style, they were too shiny - new aged nickel klusons a bargain £24.75
    • Neck plate with my DOB as a serial (told you its a keeper) - £20
    So a bit over £455 all in. I'm pretty chuffed with it, I'm sure you can tell.
  • A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    Ok yeah, colour me jealous! Its just expensive enough that I wouldn't have actually bought it myself but seeing how well it turned out for you makes me wish I had haha. If youu ever do wanna sell it on though ... :P
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    stickyfiddle said: Best Fender colour ever :)
    It's not April the first is it?   :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Absolutely gorgeous. The ageing is spot on as well. Congrats
    How very rock and roll