Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited May 2018
    mrkb said:

I assume we can setup and jam in the other rooms as soon as we arrive?

Can I also assume I can jump on whatever drum kit is setup in the main room? Is the drummer dude bringing his own gear and is he happy for me to use it for the three songs Im playing (Im a light hitter)?

Whats provided in the other rooms ? Drum kit (minus cymbals) a mic and a PA??

Will sort out all of this as of Tuesday... may be a house kit in the main room, if it’s being recorded it’ll save time if the studio already have the kit mic’d up...

will also confirm what time we can get in there chaps...

always up up for a beer... let me know where and when!...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Likewise I’ll be bringing a fair few guitars, some to play and some for a meet up. 

If anyone wants to have a go, or play a song with one - let me know, bringing quite a lot of vintage Gibson stuff, couple of old Fenders and a Rocktastic Feline. 

I can also bring the Feline Tabby I have for sale if anyone wants to take it for a spin
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @peteri - would love to take up your kind offer and give your Feline rocker a try!
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    @Brocco sure apart from Beat It, take it for a spin!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    TTony said:
    sev112 said:
    PS anyone meeting up the night before anywhere?

I believe @darthed1981  might be around?  Presumably @poopot too as he's localish ...
    I'm in the area though planning to spend a chunk of time with headphones on in my hotel room practising.  It's all a cunning strategy to get some practise in without my kids sitting on me :)  I'm going to be in the Premier Inn Woking West about ten minutes from the jam venue.

Planning on getting down early enough on Friday to do Andertons and some man shopping in Guildford first.

Going to try and visit Bentley Priory first on the way down to, not that it's relevant.  I don't get to escape much :)

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Safe journeys guys (any gals?) and have a great time
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    @mrkb are we tuning down to e flat for fire?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    No, the originals in E std tuning.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    mrkb said:
    Alnico said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    Back on topic - @alnico - do you have a preferred way of ending comfortably numb? The record fades out so need to work out some other way to end it so I can get my drumming to end at the same time as the rest of you.
    @alnico - can you advise on this please. How do you plan on ending Comfy?
    Mark,....Sorry I haven't seen this previously, things have been hectic.

I think we should end it like they do here in this clip.

6:23 for the ascending run of string bending which signals "Get Ready for the ending lick", then the ending lick at 6:39 is played right at the very top end of the neck. It's the only time in the 2nd solo that anything is played that high and its played over the Bm and A chords...
    Those two licks are the "Contact Point" for everyone to get ready to end the song.

That leads into the G, F#, Em chord sequence where everything slows down rapidly and then we finish on the Bm and as much big ending riffs as you want.

This is how PF and Gilmour have almost always ended this song and it's a nice easy way to do it.

How does everyone feel about that?
    Hope I've explained it ok?

Ok - will play along to that video a few times to get the hang of the ending. That solo isn’t as per the record so are you not going for an exact copy (which I thought you were going to do initially)? That’s fine with me, I just need to work out how to end it.

As of this afternoon I can play in time to the Gilmour video, so if anyone messes up on the day it MAY not be me!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    mrkb said:
    No, the originals in E std tuning.
    ;)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    re cars and parking - anyone either up for picking me up in Dorking, or want me to pick them up between Dorking and the venue?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    munckee said:
    mrkb said:
    Alnico said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    Back on topic - @alnico - do you have a preferred way of ending comfortably numb? The record fades out so need to work out some other way to end it so I can get my drumming to end at the same time as the rest of you.
    @alnico - can you advise on this please. How do you plan on ending Comfy?
    Mark,....Sorry I haven't seen this previously, things have been hectic.

I think we should end it like they do here in this clip.

6:23 for the ascending run of string bending which signals "Get Ready for the ending lick", then the ending lick at 6:39 is played right at the very top end of the neck. It's the only time in the 2nd solo that anything is played that high and its played over the Bm and A chords...
    Those two licks are the "Contact Point" for everyone to get ready to end the song.

That leads into the G, F#, Em chord sequence where everything slows down rapidly and then we finish on the Bm and as much big ending riffs as you want.

This is how PF and Gilmour have almost always ended this song and it's a nice easy way to do it.

How does everyone feel about that?
    Hope I've explained it ok?

Ok - will play along to that video a few times to get the hang of the ending. That solo isn’t as per the record so are you not going for an exact copy (which I thought you were going to do initially)? That’s fine with me, I just need to work out how to end it.

As of this afternoon I can play in time to the Gilmour video, so if anyone messes up on the day it MAY not be me!
    I'm playing lead. 

If anyone messes up it'll be me.
    Lol.

Sorry in advance David.
    (I know you're on here somewhere !)
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I`ll be driving from Epsom if anyone wants a lift and only plan to bring 2 Teles (one in Open G for Honky Tonk) so have a bit of space.

I presume amp wise all is good? 
    I should be able to bring a Katana 50 if that's any use?
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    I'm planning on bringing my Matchless 15w combo for rehearsal & jamming purposes (I am unable to crank it at home)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    edited May 2018
    Alnico said:
    Joined the Katana club again @alnico ?

I was going to bring my Katana 50 but if someone else is bringing one I might bring a Blackstar Core 20 instead.

Going to bring my Red PRS SE Custom as my main guitar, maybe my Classic Vibe Tele.

Maybe another guitar or a bass if Andertons tempt me too much
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Alnico said:
    Joined the Katana club again @alnico ?

I was going to bring my Katana 50 but if someone else is bringing one I might bring a Blackstar Core 20 instead.

Going to bring my Red PRS SE Custom as my main guitar, maybe my Classic Vibe Tele.

Maybe another guitar or a bass if Andertons tempt me too much
    Just got my old Katana back, picking it up on the way down.
    Not strictly planning on using it but probably could if needed. Anyone else is free to use it on the day if they wish, no problem.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I'm probably only going to bring a couple of electrics, but wondered whether it'd be worth bringing my acoustic for Learning to Fly. Only issue is I don't have a pickup for it...

Worth it?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited May 2018
    McToot said:
    I'm probably only going to bring a couple of electrics, but wondered whether it'd be worth bringing my acoustic for Learning to Fly. Only issue is I don't have a pickup for it...

Worth it?
    Can you use a Gretsch for that?

I'll have this with me if it'll work for you and you're welcome to use it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Alnico said:
    McToot said:

Worth it?
    Can you use a Gretsch for that?

I'll have this with me if it'll work for you and you're welcome to use it.

I guess you can pretty much use anything. My new SE Bernie Marsden will be fine - I just thought an acoustic my work nicely. I’d just need a sound hole pickup 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

This discussion has been closed.