Audition with singer/songwriter putting a band together - 5 Musicians who had never met

What's Hot
VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530

Lock musicians who have never met in a room with a dodgy PA, a drummer who only heard about the audition the night before, 2 acoustic guitarists and me (using Helix direct to PA) and see how it goes!

Tentative at first but confidence grew with each run thru of the songs as we worked out parts - beautiful songs and voice helps.

Looking forward to getting this band up to speed and recording her new album :) All that came from an advert and the split of my covers band which had gigged most weekends for the last 3 years.

This was our 3rd run thru of the track after everyone getting the parts worked out. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5460
    The voice sounds like a girl I used to play with. Who is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    DiscoStu said:
    Bex Currie - from Glasgow - she said she's only really done solo acoustic stuff tho but probably played with other people too over the years!

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5460
    edited May 2018
    Vaiai said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Bex Currie - from Glasgow - she said she's only really done solo acoustic stuff tho but probably played with other people too over the years!

Nah, not the same girl. Scotland's a big place but quite often quite a small place! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    As an ex-bandmate of mine once said - Scotland is a village - both in business and music circles!

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Nice job @Vaiai ;

Very different to SJ. I can't see you needing channel 2 on your V30! Look forward to hearing more
    It's Helix all the way :)