Guns n Roses - Locked n' Loaded...

What's Hot
OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
Alright. 
I'm not one who gives a flying fuck about reissues, remasters, etc normally, but this is actually fucking epic!

Previously unreleased songs, including this: 

(Holy shit)

And a tonne of rare stuff.

Plus Appetite... remastered from the original analogue tapes (first time ever) 

It's not a new album. But there's enough unreleased stuff in there remastered and represented to make any GnR fan foam at the mouth (for a few hours - 73 previously unreleased tracks, come on...) so yeah long story short, I need this. 

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2018
    £850 for the big box set....wow!

I’ll go for the 2 CD deluxe edition. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    So no Izzy or Adler shows then? shame.

I'll pass, looks like the record label are (shock) cashing in on current popularity.  This is just a big money spinner.  I'll also bet that most of those £850 box sets will remain unopened in hopes of being worth something one day

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    That does look cool - I'll probably just bag the remastered Appetite on vinyl
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    joeyowen said:

I'll pass, looks like the record label are (shock) cashing in on current popularity.  This is just a big money spinner.  I'll also bet that most of those £850 box sets will remain unopened in hopes of being worth something one day

Quite probably... which I’m considering

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    £850??? Screw that. What they hell are they thinking?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Way too expensive for me as well.  Looks really cool though, I bet loads of fans will buy these and they will be sought after.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    edited May 2018
    But the basic remastered cd is £5.99! And 12.99 for the double cd, so they’re only ripping off the geeks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    But the basic remastered cd is £5.99! And 12.99 for the double cd, so they’re only ripping off the geeks.
    Loads of GnR geeks out there, there are forums and Youtube channels full of them.

These songs aren't new amongst the geeks either, they have been floating around on various bootleg CDs such as Appetite for Outtakes , Suicide Demos, The Roots of Guns n Roses etc.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4783
    edited May 2018
    That new (old) song is cool, reminds me of how important Guns were at the time when they brought that harder punk edge back to the rock scene and revitalised it. Such a great album Appetite.

It also reminds me of how sorely missed Steven Adler and Izzy are, man you can pick a million better drummers than Adler, but none fit GnR like he did, his lithe groove and slightly off beat timing gave them something. Matt Sorum is a decent drummer but he was too straight with little groove which made them sound too stiff after that. (I get he was a mess at the time, so I understand why he was kicked out). As for Jeff Isbell, the best sideman for Slash and an amazing rhythm player and writer, again plenty of better players out there technically, but put simply, he made Guns tick.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Why are they pratting around with stuff like this when they could be writing a new album? GNR are arguably my favourite band, but I wouldn't be caught dead paying £850 for something I would never use. Absolutely scandalous.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    beed84 said:
    Why are they pratting around with stuff like this when they could be writing a new album? GNR are arguably my favourite band, but I wouldn't be caught dead paying £850 for something I would never use. Absolutely scandalous.

To be fair, it is only ten years since Chinese Democracy was released.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    quarky said:
    beed84 said:

To be fair, it is only ten years since Chinese Democracy was released.
    New album will probably be 18 years away still and when it’s finally released it’ll be a blues covers album :p 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I'll assume that the bonus material will be on Spotify on release day anyway, does it include anything genuinely new?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    The extra track is already on Spotify... which I find weird!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    joeyowen said:

The label guy behind has been working on it for 3 years and his Facebook posts suggest this is all his Christmas' at once  
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22792
    Amazon are also listing the 4CD/Blu-ray set - plus book and some of the trimmings - for £170.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Destruction-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525649623&sr=1-1&keywords=guns+n+roses

I'm surprised you apparently can't get a discs-only set for 40 quid or something.  Does anyone really want all those badges, patches, temporary tattoos, pictures, guitar picks etc?
    Philly_Q said:
    Amazon are also listing the 4CD/Blu-ray set - plus book and some of the trimmings - for £170.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Destruction-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525649623&sr=1-1&keywords=guns+n+roses

I'm surprised you apparently can't get a discs-only set for 40 quid or something.  Does anyone really want all those badges, patches, temporary tattoos, pictures, guitar picks etc?
    Yes mate, there are loads of fans out there who collect absolutely everything.  

Unfortunately, for me, I can't buy it for some reason.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22792
    edited May 2018

Doesn't ship to NI?  Does that often happen?  Maybe it'll change as the release date approaches...?

Incidentally, I bought the recent Wishbone Ash box for £250 so I do get the fan thing, but it's the only time I've bought a really pricey box set.  I do normally get all the remasters for bands I like, but not the super-mega-ultra editions with vinyl, posters, calendars, band members' toenail clippings etc.
    Philly_Q said:

Doesn't ship to NI?  Does that often happen?  Maybe it'll change as the release date approaches...?

Incidentally, I bought the recent Wishbone Ash box for £250 so I do get the fan thing, but it's the only time I've bought a really pricey box set.  I do normally get all the remasters for bands I like, but not the super-mega-ultra editions with vinyl, posters, calendars, band members' toenail clippings etc.
    Yeah it's been happening a lot recently.  I went to pre-order Street Fighter 30th Anniversary edition from Amazon on the Switch and it wouldn't ship here either, I ended up getting it from Game instead.

Hopefully this will change before the release date as I wouldn't mind this boxed set.  I have all the GnR albums, and loads of bootlegs and would like to add this to my collection.
  • I prefer Iron Maiden
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom