Khruangbin.........great trippy band and tight as !!

What's Hot
TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
https://youtu.be/q4xKvHANqjk  

Great guitar player.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 583
    edited May 2018
    Officially my new favourite band. Such a great guitar player. Seeing them at the end of the month on the same bill as Bjork and Beck at All Points East

check out his rig rundown where he has his wah on all the time!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    I'm really enjoying this band!

They have a unique sound and a cool stage presence. It's a big sound for a 3 piece. 
    I'll check that video later and thanks for posting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Just watched that Rig rundown. He's a cool guy!

Just one question:  he uses an uncool Strat, only has one plectrum, uses unpopular strings and has very few Forum approved effects so how does he sound so good??

Oh, just realised......it's called Talent!  He has melody coming out of every pore. 

Hope you enjoy the show because their live video's are awesome. Kind of envious...!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3018
    edited May 2018
    Really enjoying their new album, I love it when a band appears from nowhere (to me) with an unexpected classic. His playing is great and I admire him for finding his sound with inventive use of standard gear, do ee really need all that boutique stuff? One plectrum tho; I lose countless picks in my house! And is that a wig or what? 
  • BebopperBebopper Frets: 129
    edited May 2018
    Randomly discovered them a few months ago. Just my luck that it was a week after they had a run of UK dates. I see they're back doing a handful of festival bills over the summer. Got the newest album on vinyl and have been wearing it out.

Saw on their Instagram that they've just recorded a Tiny Desk Concerts session. Love those!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17581
    tFB Trader
    Just discovered these guys.

Great that they produce such an amazing sound with such simple, attainable gear.

Interesting that running a cruiser neck pickup through an always on Boss drive pedal (BD2) backed off into a clean amp is Andy Timmons base tone as well.
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    They also did a great cover of my fave Christmas song.

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited February 2019
    I really like 'em. The song with vocals on the Tiny Desk show is ace. Big fan of the bassist and drummer especially.

They seem to talk about Thai psyche/Spanish/Middle Eastern influences a lot but it often comes over like a stripped-down David Axelrod to me. Which is no bad thing...

Plus Serge Gainsbourg too

• Really enjoying their new album, I love it when a band appears from nowhere (to me) with an unexpected classic. His playing is great and I admire him for finding his sound with inventive use of standard gear, do ee really need all that boutique stuff? One plectrum tho; I lose countless picks in my house! And is that a wig or what? 
    Another Youtube find that I'm enjoying as well. I wondered about the wig thing as well but maybe that's just part of their mystique? 
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7106
    edited April 2022
    There’s a nice live show of theirs  on iPlayer right now for anyone interested . They are new to me - I’m liking what I’m hearing though , almost as if Dick Dale got into World Music
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3679
    They’ve done a couple of great collaborations with Leon Bridges as well.