Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    My summer holiday curse strikes again. 3 years out of the last 4 I've managed to seriously injure myself just before the six week holiday. 

Today, with an hour left until the kids went home, I properly munted my hand with a slip of the bushcraft knife during a lesson in the woods. It's a task I've done thousands of times, but I was rushing and took a short cut. 

The really bad news is I've severed the top tendon on my left index finger. Yes, the one that does more fretting than any of the others. 

I've got an op booked to reattach it and fix any other damage when they're in there. That's at 7:30 am tomorrow so I'll know a bit more when I wake up. It doesn't look good for playing at the jam though. 

Guess I'll be singing / organising a lot 
    You can be number one organising monkey then ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Flip @Legionreturns I thought I'd done well when I slammed mine in the car door the night of a rehearsal. You're upping the ante too much.

Hope the op is a success.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    My summer holiday curse strikes again. 3 years out of the last 4 I've managed to seriously injure myself just before the six week holiday. 

Today, with an hour left until the kids went home, I properly munted my hand with a slip of the bushcraft knife during a lesson in the woods. It's a task I've done thousands of times, but I was rushing and took a short cut. 

The really bad news is I've severed the top tendon on my left index finger. Yes, the one that does more fretting than any of the others. 

I've got an op booked to reattach it and fix any other damage when they're in there. That's at 7:30 am tomorrow so I'll know a bit more when I wake up. It doesn't look good for playing at the jam though. 

Guess I'll be singing / organising a lot 
    Jeez mate - really sorry to hear that. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. 

In the circumstances, it will be great to have you there in any capacity.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    There is no way I'm missing it! If nothing else, I'll be your MC and tea boy   ...and sing a bit

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    There is no way I'm missing it! If nothing else, I'll be your MC and tea boy   ...and sing a bit
    I’d be a bit screwed if you didn’t show up!
    I’d be a bit screwed if you didn’t show up!
    Have no fear on that front Mark. I'll be there no matter what 

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    @Legionreturns Jeepers matey! Hope it goes well! Bit disappointed you went to an actual doctor rather than the consulting the Fretboard Health Council!
    I would have recommended spraying it with breast milk as it apparently gives you super healing powers. 
    Your Welcome. :)

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    Bugger.. take care pal
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    edited July 2018
    Just found these from last time...

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1278
    edited July 2018
    Really sorry folks, I’m out I’m afraid. Apologies for messing around on this :( 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    So there are now 20 of us on both days, with 2 swapping between Sat and Sun?

Think it might be a bit better than that as the attendees list hasn't been updated yet, so maybe 23-24 each day?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    edited July 2018
    Shame @Rowby can't make it, I was just ear-ogling his amazing solo of the month and was looking forward to stealing some ideas in person!

Even though there's been a couple of drop outs, 20-ish is still a good number.  Only four or five in the studio room at any one time so plenty of scope for jamming the other two rooms.
    Indeed, also plenty of time for people to sign up if anyone is lurking!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

What a handsome chap there ;)

Looks like one of those end of sitcom stills, someone has just cracked a joke and now just waiting for the credits to roll :)
    LuttiS said:

What a handsome chap there ;)

Looks like one of those end of sitcom stills, someone has just cracked a joke and now just waiting for the credits to roll :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkNVgrOJfl0
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    @Legionreturns @Bridgehouse ;

Just getting to grips with next weekend ....

Is the evening 'do' still at the 
    Outlane Bowling Club?

And assuming the BBQ in the evening is also still a goer, is it too late to add my name down for this, please? Ta.

fandango said:
    @Legionreturns @Bridgehouse ;

Just getting to grips with next weekend ....

Is the evening 'do' still at the Outlane Bowling Club?

And assuming the BBQ in the evening is also still a goer, is it too late to add my name down for this, please? Ta.

1 - Yep

2 - I've given the rough numbers, anyone is free to buy Burgers and Hot Dogs. Anyone with special dietary requirements is free to bring their own food and they'll cook it for you for nowt. 

edited July 2018
    Is everyone still coming?  A lot of attendees not signed up for anything in the set list thread (not that you need to or are obliged to, but some of you might have forgotten..)?

Also, everyone paid @TTony their dues?  In his absence there might have been a few less brandished brass knuckles on this topic than usual?

Getting close now, hope you are all excited :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Definitely going - still Sunday only, unfortunately.
    I'm still coming. . The list hasn't been updated in a long time...  I'm sure there are additional attendees saying they're coming across the threads in different sections. 
    Also like you said there are those who haven't put down for songs or given a Doctors note.. 

This discussion has been closed.