SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ON HOLD: Cornell Voyager 20

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited May 2018 in Amps £
Hey what do you know?  After the latest surge of intemperate GAS related mayhem I have to put up what just five months ago was my 'forever amp': this uber-gorgeous Cornell Voyager 20.

Rare as hen's teeth: estimates of numbers in the wild range between about 8 and about 20, this was hand built by the crew at Cornell, and has since been kept in damn near showroom perfect nick. 

With props to @Gassage for the description inspiration which I shamelessly plagiarised on my NAD thread*, sound-wise it's like a Deluxe that's eaten its spinach: more than a Blackface, almost nudging into Lazy J territory when cranked.  The build quality is unbelievably good.  Add in some triode/pentode wizardry to switch between 5 and 20 watts, tube bias trem and reverb and a Kendrick speaker and you have something really rather special.

I would REALLY prefer not to have to post this as it ain't light.  I'm in Barnet, where London and the S Herts prairies collide, but happy to discuss meet up options within a reasonable distance.

£1200 takes it..

*http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/123859/

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited May 2018
    No comments, no nuffink?

I suppose it's all about ritzy Louis Electric Columbias and like tawdry gewgaws these days.  Nobody got the time of day for a luvverly handwired bit of tweed.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    No comments, no nuffink?

I suppose it's all about ritzy Louis Electric Columbias and like tawdry gewgaws these days.  Nobody got the time of day for a luvverly handwired bit of tweed.
    @Wazmeister You've never had one of these have you. I really think you'd like it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    JerkMoans said:
    No comments, no nuffink?

@Wazmeister You've never had one of these have you. I really think you'd like it. 
    Thanks for the bloody temptation mate... just when I'm looking for a second 'live' amp for the band !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    No comments, no nuffink?

Thanks for the bloody temptation mate... just when I'm looking for a second 'live' amp for the band !!
    *WHISPERS *  Do it.  Do it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    No comments, no nuffink?

*WHISPERS *  Do it.  Do it.
    Wiz. @StrummyBrummie  knows where it’s at. Come and have a play... ;)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Couple of interesting partial trade offers but nothing that really rocks my casbah. Anyone interested in some hand wired tweedy lusciousness?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I'm in Hadley Wood...........we should meet
  • KimKim Frets: 31
    Headstrong little king S? I’m in Muswell Hill, not too far...
    Kim said:
    Headstrong little king S? I’m in Muswell Hill, not too far...
    Afraid not: after cold, hard cash.  For most of it, at least.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Dominic said:
    I'm in Hadley Wood...........we should meet
    As in, like 'face to face'?! :astonished: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Red hot Rumpy bumpy action.

Still available: am extraordinarily receptive to sensible offers. Part trades considered - something small and Fender Champy might be nice.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    Hi. Is it giggable volume wise?? To give you an idea of the variety of clean/dirty I need I play in a Stealy Dan tribute band so need to cut through with pretty clean sounds sometimes. 

4on6 said:
    Hi. Is it giggable volume wise?? To give you an idea of the variety of clean/dirty I need I play in a Stealy Dan tribute band so need to cut through with pretty clean sounds sometimes. 

I'd say so: my son plays drums and it cuts through perfectly well even above that racket in his practice room. Indeed the chap I bought it from told me that he used to gig with it: he sold to me as it was just getting too heavy for him to haul in and out of gigs. 

I see you're in East London - I'm up in sunny Barnet so you'd be more than welcome to come over and try it out at a convenient moment.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    Thanks for the invite. A mate has said I can probably buy an amp of his that I’ve coveted for some time. (It’s ok, it’s not an Ox and he’s not my neighbour). I’ll see how that goes. Regards. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    You say it ain't light?  How un-light is it, exactly? 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    Trude said:
    You say it ain't light?  How un-light is it, exactly? 
    The chap who sold it to me was 70 and complained he found it a bit hefty. Will try to weigh precisely tonight.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Amp on hold, people.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer