November Rain

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
Just watched the video for this on some shitty music channel.

Had goosebumps from beginning to end. Stupid video but by Christ its a tour de force and one of Slash's finest moments, especially when he stomps out of the church, magics up a Lester and lets rip
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    The tone for the first solo is amazing

Great song, and I've heard it a scary number of times (broke the old VHS of welcome to the videos from overwatching that and Estranged) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited May 2018
    An incredible song. After all this time, it is great to yell along too when no one else is in the house
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    One of those bands that make me immediately change channel or hit mute, 
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I loved gnr... This song however for me signals the end of the band , its long and painful, but what I do love is how music is subjective so my opinion has no merit at all :D
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
     Pity much of Use Your Illusion left me cold. I think AFD was so exciting at the time, as was Lies, but I found other music that took me in a different direction between then and the Illusion albums came out. Seeing November Rain on The Chart Show took me back to the excitement of AFD, but most of the remainder left me flat.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    The song is too long. I preferred the 3 minute video ;)

http://dai.ly/x8gdub

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Not a bad song but the video is the most overblown cringe fest there is...
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    When a nice looking woman asks on a Friday night if you'll play "November Rain" and you look around and yes, you're still in a four piece in an East end pub and you've forgotten to bring the 40 piece orchestra yet again.  And you realise once more that punters have absolutely no feckin' idea how music actually happens. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Lol @Grunfeld ; !!!!! :D
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12350
    My daughter who is 13 is under instructions to learn the NR solos before my passing, I am to be put on my kayak with my guitars except for the one she likes most.  I am to be pushed out to sea and set on fire by a flaming arrow as she plays the guitar standing on the hill.  My son's instructions are to avenge my death...
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    I could never figure out why it was Guns N' Roses surely it should be 'n'...??

I would imagine poor grammatical representation of their name is one of the things that drove Slash to leave the band.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Many laughs to the last few posts!!!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939

I heard they are re-recording it for a mens health charity single later this year...

"Movember Rain"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    I don’t like GNR much anyway, but November Rain is truly their worst song. Axel at his whiniest singing overcooked lift music. Bleurgh.  :s
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4529
    edited May 2018
  • When it came out I was getting into Nirvana and November Rain was just an anathema to that. Watching it now I can admire Slash’ solo, but damn the song is cheesy as hell. And I’ve just noticed Slash’ leather chaps. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754

I heard they are re-recording it for a mens health charity single later this year...

"Movember Rain"

That's a clever joke, have a lol
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • munckee said:
    My daughter who is 13 is under instructions to learn the NR solos before my passing, I am to be put on my kayak with my guitars except for the one she likes most.  I am to be pushed out to sea and set on fire by a flaming arrow as she plays the guitar standing on the hill.  My son's instructions are to avenge my death...
    You win this thread for me, sir. Bravo!