SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Martin OOO-R. £700.

What's Hot
I have an auditrium sized Martin for sale. Bought in 2003 and barely used, therefore in excellent condition. Rosewood/birch laminate sides and a spruce top.

I can send photos to anyone interested.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    It would make more sense to post pictures here
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AbsolutiaAbsolutia Frets: 22
    I'm not really sure how to do it, to be honest. I've never managed to get any photos up on this site.
    I have RTFM. Now why don't you GFYS.

If a website wants to have a classified section, but has no facility to actually include pictures, then so be it. If someone is interested in this item, I'm sure that we can work it. 
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Absolutia said:

If a website wants to have a classified section, but has no facility to actually include pictures, then so be it. If someone is interested in this item, I'm sure that we can work it. 
    It has the same facitily as any other forum bud, it take a lil bit of effort and pics will magically appear,...... 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    Absolutia said:

I'm sure you'll probably tell me to GFMY but taking that line doesn't seem like the best way to attract buyers. It's pretty clear the vast majority of users manage to successfully post pictures with their adverts, so maybe the problem doesn't entirely lie with the website. YMMV or I should just GFYS or whatever. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Anyone that tells me to RTFM is a FRC as far as I'm concerned and deserves what they get.

I never have any trouble posting pictures anywhere else. Not a bad guitar though, I'll try to get some photos up.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 330
    LOL WTFs going on ITT. I'd like to see pictures even if I have to click a link to Imgur or whatever.

GLWTFS
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Wtmil 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• camfcamf Frets: 1190
    ^^^THIS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ. I think that covers it, Now can we cease with the acronyms.

@absolutia sign up to imgur  - I had trouble posting pics until I started using that website.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Absolutia said:
    Now why don't you GFYS.
    What an interesting way to introduce one's self to the forum in the hope of selling your guitar...

Posting photographs is easy - on a desktop PC (or Mac), however it is rather different on a phone or iPad - whenever I want to upload pics I do it on my desktop (Mac)!

Make sure you use an imaging service like Imgur (don't use Photobucket - it's dreadful).

Look forward to seeing the pics - and GLWTS!
    We are all Chameleons...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Absolutia said:

What an extraordinary attitude.

First and hopefully last time I ever use this new acronym but I think BLWTS sums up my view on it..
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4127
    GFYS is bad attitude, but frankly so is RTFM in response to someone saying they don't know how to do something. I might not have typed it, but I'd definitely have muttered it if I'd got that response.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited May 2018
    I used to post shit loads of self-hosted pictures in the Intermusic/Music Radar days but don't any more, nor do I have an imaging service account.  The one time I went to open a hosting account, the bit about letting them use/own my pictures put me off, as some of mine were "original artwork".  For example, Google ayePod and see one of mine all over the images page. Fucked if I'm going to give ownership rights away to anyone.

IMHO responses to new posters with an F in are, to paraphrase Basil Fawlty, "invading Poland" and the response wasn't out of place.

What a warm welcome!   P.S. I have a Martin OOO-M and was curious to see the difference. A quick Google showed the guitar is on Gumtree, with pics.
  • pjfpjf Frets: 330
    Plot twist: RTFM = Read The Fretboard Manual
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom