Vola Guitars - Any thoughts?

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I must say, I'm also very impressed with @mkendall 's handling of the sometimes rather... robust, and unconstructive feedback some on here have left. Hope you stick around and enjoy being here.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Since you asked, they should try and build guitars that people want, like:

This with a bigsby...that’s what we want.
    I don't 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Bucket said:
    I must say, I'm also very impressed with @mkendall 's handling of the sometimes rather... robust, and unconstructive feedback some on here have left. Hope you stick around and enjoy being here.
    Yes. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    mkendall said:
    They're actual guitars....but you mean in a more natural context? Not a white background? 
    Maybe check out the Vola Guitar Facebook page - there's lots of pics from Namm/Dallas guitar shows as well as pics of the guitars in more environments :)
    Oh ok. Well on my iPad they look like mock ups of guitars so maybe a better background and off angle shots?
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175

I kind of dig this.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    So they should build a f@#king telecaster like everyone else??... Please ...

Ignore the cretins stuck in the past your designs are great I would definately rock one! You're unfortunately on the wrong forum if you want an opinon which isn't steeped in vitriolic holier than thou bumfluffery 
    I know what you're getting at, but two lines of their model range are just Strat and Teles with some almost 'for the sake of it' pointy bits and a lot of the rest are from the 80s Super Strat school of design. Nothing wrong with that, but not really anything new or radical apart from the fan fret stuff I guess.
  • mkendallmkendall Frets: 13
    Octafish said:
    I know what you're getting at, but two lines of their model range are just Strat and Teles with some almost 'for the sake of it' pointy bits and a lot of the rest are from the 80s Super Strat school of design. Nothing wrong with that, but not really anything new or radical apart from the fan fret stuff I guess.
    Heya, biased as I might be...

The Vasti isn't (IMO) just a tele with pointy bits. One of the distinctive features of the Tele is its lack of contours/comfort cuts. The Tele has a more rugged, rustic vibe to it. The Vasti clearly has the T-style inspiration in its design (and some of its sound) - but with different priorities. The body, whilst thick, is contoured and super comfortable and balanced. The larhe C neck is chunkier than most teles but ultra smooth and sleek, with a lacquered fretboard finish. Plays really great (I would say that...hope you get to try one :) )
    The bridge pickup has a really cool boost feature which flips the polarity on one of the coils to change from a stacked humbucker to two, full output coils.
    Love that guitar!

The Oz I find more typically S style - but with a similar neck to the Vasti and really cool proprietary pickups. It really sings.

Again - hope you see them up close sometime!

Happy to wax lyrical about some of the others too haha!
    Bucket said:

Cheers man!

It doesn't bother me at all! ItsI really valuable to hear what people really think at first glance I think without any filter!

Previously I've mostly seen people checking the guitars out in the flesh at NAMM - or from people who have already bought into the designs somewhat - so this is really insightful to me. I want to know what's likely to go down well in the UK - which I think will be different to Vola's experience in other places.

So keep it coming!

Of course if anyone says they love the designs so much that you want to buy 10 of each...I'll hook you up too;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    I like the Origin as a take on the superstrat, especially as it doesn’t have a skinny neck. If they are £1100 for the Jap made ones and the quality is right, I think that’s very good indeed.
    Out of interest - which Origin models/finishes did you like? I don't have an Origin yet and I'm considering asking for one as a demo guitar...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    mkendall said:
    dindude said:
    I like the Origin as a take on the superstrat, especially as it doesn’t have a skinny neck. If they are £1100 for the Jap made ones and the quality is right, I think that’s very good indeed.
    Out of interest - which Origin models/finishes did you like? I don't have an Origin yet and I'm considering asking for one as a demo guitar...
    Actually looking again I think the Origin D neck would be too slim, prob the OZ would be more the ticket, really like the daphne blue, yum!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Trying to have a look but on my iPad using Safari navigating around the site doesn’t seem to work well at all. Could just be me/ my end I guess. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    love the JV4 bass. I like the guitars too to be honest. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    Quite like the Vasti. Id happily pick one of those up in a shop to try. 

The rest I'm not a fan of but that's just from a looks perspective really. Way too superstrat style or with fancy finishes for my liking. 
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    mkendall said:
    Simon_M said:
    What's your involvement with Vola?
    Heya - so we (my wife and I) are trying to help them out get a bit of presence in the UK by contacting some shops, getting some reviews published etc. One of the directors is an old friend of my wife. She's the business brain and im the one who likes guitars ;)
    If you're involved with the brand probably the most useful thing you can do is correct the 'engrish' on the website.  Particularly if these are being marketed to a western audience. That includes the guitar descriptions and not having a model called the 'quaint'. 
  • TedTed Frets: 126
    WHAT IS THIS GUITAR?, & how much is it?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I like the Blaze and the Oz the most and Zenith is quite original.

How much for a Blaze X hardtail?
    timhulio said:
    mkendall said:
    Simon_M said:
    What's your involvement with Vola?
    Heya - so we (my wife and I) are trying to help them out get a bit of presence in the UK by contacting some shops, getting some reviews published etc. One of the directors is an old friend of my wife. She's the business brain and im the one who likes guitars ;)
    If you're involved with the brand probably the most useful thing you can do is correct the 'engrish' on the website.  Particularly if these are being marketed to a western audience. That includes the guitar descriptions and not having a model called the 'quaint'. 
    I'm on it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mbe said:
    I like the Blaze and the Oz the most and Zenith is quite original.

How much for a Blaze X hardtail?
    Depends on the finish but range from £1949 to £2249 :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Ted said:
    WHAT IS THIS GUITAR?, & how much is it?
    As irrelevant as it is to the thread, it's a Fender Custom Shop TV Jones Tele in Lake Placid Blue. Have played one (maybe that exact guitar) - it was pretty nice but not quite as life-changing as the looks would have you believe. Costs about £3.5k.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jack_ said:

I kind of dig this.
    If you ever want to try one I can hook you up ;)