Any DADGAD books recommendations ?

What's Hot
sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
Have been experimenting with DADGAD tuning

gone through the various scales etc , but ther is very limited resources on t’interweb.  I found the French chap’s website and a few other web pages with a few lines of music.

i bought the Julie Henigan book yesterday and worked through most of that in half an hour. 
I googled and amazon’d For others, but I’d really like to see what I’m getting in terms of pieces and the book web pages don’t really tell you that

So am looking for good DADGAD book recommendations if anyone knows any.  I’m not really interested in “how to”, am more interested in pieces, and preferably modern pieces, rather than traditional / Irish / Celtic/ Scottish.

any hints welcomed :)
Ta v m 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2410
    I know nothing about books, but when I taught myself to play in DADGAD, I found the key was to tune all my guitars permanently to it and never to have one lying around in standard tuning -- you need to put yourself in a position where every time you pick up a guitar it's in DADGAD, and forces you to work out whatever musical idea you're thinking of in that tuning.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Wow :)
    i have just tuned my classical down and my jumbo back up to standard 

but inlike the idea. Maybe I’ll do a week of playing nothing but and see where that takes me

good idea
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    The Guitar Book by Pierre Bensusan is worth looking at, full of dadgad tunes and some technical tips.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Ta 
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    edited May 2018
    Yes I'll also recommend the Pierre Bensuzan book. He uses and understands DADGAD almost exclusively and covers a lot of genres.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Black Mountain Side (one of Led Zep's "borrowed" tunes) and Kashmir are my lot in DADGAD.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    Anything by Mike Dawes. Not sure about books but he does offer tabs of his stuff
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024