Tall Les Paul pickup rings?

sawyersawyer Frets: 732
edited May 2018 in Making & Modding
Does anyone in uk sell vintage height pickup ring that fit a modern les paul guitar without having to reshape the bottoms? I know Gibson Historic rings can be modified,and I'll probably will end up doing that,but I'm lazy ha. Does anyone manufacture them ready curved?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    Allparts do ...we stock them...come as a pair of neck and bridge

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Ah cool! Are they on your site? Good colour? Cheers
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    Interesting that you want to put the tall ones on a modern LP.  One of the things that bugs me about my LP is that the neck pickup ends up being "sunken" in relation to the neck pickup ring.  That and the fact that it never seems to sit at the right angle, due to the taller rings leaving the pickup mounted so far down the mounting screw so it tends to want to sit at an angle.  I've stuffed a bit of sponge in there which has improved it but it's annoying.

I'd considered going for short rings, but as it's basically a vintage reissue, it being "wrong" would probably bug me just as much! :lol: 

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Yeah the pickups not been parallel to the strings bugs me too. I'e considered the foam thing as well. I just fancy giving it the full vintage look. 2003 Standard. It' honey burst with nickel hardwear, so the right colour. Put knob pointers on it recently,which proper give it the look. Can't bring myself to put a scratchplate on it. 
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    Nah I’m not a fan of scratch plates on les Paul’s either, except on customs, strangely.