Parking options for London Stadium (Stratford)??

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
Im off to see the Rolling Stones at the London Stadium on Tuesday, but need to drive down from Northampton, so am looking for advice on where to park. I'll be getting there for 3-4pm, is it worth trying the Westfield car park, or are there better places to park up and get a train into Stratford station? My main concert is getting out fairly quickly as I have to work the next day after a 1.5 hour drive home!  Cheers.
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6871
    Depends. Westfields is easiest, its not central or as shite as London driving, but its expensive and last time I was there I was pulled aside for a thorough bomb check.. so maybe they still do that, leave in good time. Its big enough so I wouldnt have thought you’d have issues parking. Though with an event on I guess it will be busier. 

I imagine you’ll come on the A406 nearer this end, the fucking North Circular... That can be an absolute asshole of a road. 

Deffo leave time for unexpected delays, accidents and many many many cameras and bullshit like that. 

Sometimes I’ve driven to an area close to a station thats on the line I’d use, Shenfield to Liverpool street. Somewhere around Forest Gate, Gants Hill or the like where the stations arent in bigger towns like Ilford, Romford or Stratford where you can’t park near or by without it costing loads.

Find a backstreet to dump the car, which can be a challenge as most streets are permit only within certain times, then walk to the station. 

The downside to that is, the entire area from here to London is a shithole. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Parking at Stanmore and using the Jubilee Line is one option
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4768
    Getting out quickly just won't happen if you park near the stadium in a proper car park. As it's a weekday, you'll have trouble parking near any station that collects commuters travelling into central London. I'd suggest the best "tube station" option would be the Central line somewhere between Epping and Woodford.  Good luck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12350
    siremoon said:
    For Wembley, I’d agree. Bit of a long trip to Stratford though. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    mrkb said:
    Im off to see the Rolling Stones at the London Stadium on Tuesday, but need to drive down from Northampton, so am looking for advice on where to park. I'll be getting there for 3-4pm, is it worth trying the Westfield car park, or are there better places to park up and get a train into Stratford station? My main concert is getting out fairly quickly as I have to work the next day after a 1.5 hour drive home!  Cheers.
    park at the train station in Northampton and go via the rails to Euston then tube it?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26928
    I used to live about a mile south of there. There is basically no good parking other than Westfield. But Westfield is good and worth the money, imo.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Stratford International Train Station has parking - and you can pre-pay to guarantee a space

Can't comment on ease of leaving - assume it will be terrible as the roads round there are shite -  but enjoy the gig

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Thanks for all the advice (even though I’ve now been to the concert). I used Westfield car park A (by John Lewis) and it was brilliant! No queue to get out at all. Will definitely do that again.

I got there for 3pm, had a good meal in the food court to avoid stadium rip offs, and a mooch round the shops before the short walk to the stadium for 6pm. Getting back was easy and the car park was over half empty as the shoppers had all gone home. Last time I took a tube back to a mates house from there after a gig, and the queue for the tube was 45 mins. So I’m thankful to all the Londoners for using public transport and letting us out of towners use our cars in peace.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    boogieman said:
    siremoon said:
    For Wembley, I’d agree. Bit of a long trip to Stratford though. 
    Depends on how much you trust the North Circular.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4768
    mrkb said:
    Thanks for all the advice (even though I’ve now been to the concert). I used Westfield car park A (by John Lewis) and it was brilliant! No queue to get out at all. Will definitely do that again.

I got there for 3pm, had a good meal in the food court to avoid stadium rip offs, and a mooch round the shops before the short walk to the stadium for 6pm. Getting back was easy and the car park was over half empty as the shoppers had all gone home. Last time I took a tube back to a mates house from there after a gig, and the queue for the tube was 45 mins. So I’m thankful to all the Londoners for using public transport and letting us out of towners use our cars in peace.
    I'm staggered that you left without any problems! I really didn't think that would be possible. Good to know for next time.  
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

The North London Line (part of London Overground) goes to Stratford.  Might be worth parking somewhere around there.  Somewhere like Kensal Rise or Brondesbury Park aren't far from the North Circular, so might be worth a look.

The Jubilee line is reasonably quick , so somewhere like Stanmore might work.  The Metropolitan line skips a bunch of stations that the Jubilee stops at so parking a bit further out on the Metropolitan line and changing at Finchley Road could work.  (Finchley Road is better than Baker Street as you just walk across the platform).  If you parked somewhere like Rickmansworth, you are only a mile or two inside the M25 so the driving part of the journey would be pretty easy.

Not sure how easy it would be to park at some of these places though.  The further out you are, the easier it will probably be, but the places with fast trains in like Rickmansworth are likely to be more difficult.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Didn’t need to touch the north circular- I headed round the M25 and down the M11/A12 all dual carriageway and fast flowing. I might have been lucky with traffic, but will certainly do the same next time I visit there.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1