Trigger's Brush?

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/fender-princeton-stripped-natural-pre-owned-1957-vg

New speaker, tweed, tubes, handle, mains lead and pilot bulb.

Original? Hmmmmm......
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    The description states that the tweed recovering was done by amp-making cult hero, Dennis Cornell. It would be nice to have evidence that the other work was also done by DC. His attentions, whilst obviously detracting from the strict originality of the amplifier, will almost certainly have no negative effect on its workings. If anything, he would have wrought some improvements.  

Ultimately, the only valid test is to go test the amp in person using one (or more) of your own guitars.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    The tubes and the pilot bulb can be considered consumables, the mains lead is a safety requirement for anybody planning to actually use it rather than just look at it, and the handle and tweed are cosmetic so, while the non-originality puts it into the “player” rather than “investment” category (and that seems to be reflected in the price) I wouldn’t worry too much about that stuff.

The thing I find interesting is the choice of speaker - Realistic was Tandy/Radio Shack’s own brand, and generally very much at the budget end of the scale but if it’s been through Dennis Cornell’s hands and he’s left it there then there’s probably a good reason - maybe it’s a period correct replacement that just happens to be a decent match for the original. Again though, given that it’s a “player” piece there’s no reason to be squeamish about it being a replement or subsequently replacing it with something else to taste...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9606
    Broom. It's Trigger's BROOM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9710
    In fairness, Trigger wasn't exactly known for naming stuff correctly either
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    BROOM BROOM!

Image result for basil brush
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    They've had this for sale (sans tweed) for years
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5135

No it's not, it's the Ship of Theseus.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom