Nottingham - BlackHawkDown need your support!

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26551
Having won our heats, we (BlackHawkDown) need your support this Friday in Nottingham...

...and we're not averse to bribery. Therefore, show up and vote BHD and your first drink's on us.
<space for hire>
m2tm semi.jpg 245.5K
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26551
    Nobody? *snif*
    <space for hire>
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3581
    Attending a funeral at 4:30 miles from the midlands so no chance for me I'm affraid.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    Not that I can make it, but I can't see any mention of where this is happening.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3036
    Subject says "Nottingham"
    Fair point - it's at The Maze.
    <space for hire>
    We got through! Came second, and I suspect that's because we had a 'mare in the first song. Singer came in late, but the bassist and I didn't notice because we couldn't actually hear him. The other guitarist did notice, and ran over to our side to show us where he was, but he plays that song totally differently to us so we couldn't figure out what he was doing from looking at his fretboard.

We figured it out by the first chorus, though. The rest of the set...gotta say, we played a blinder, and in terms of the show we couldn't really have done much more. There were a few fluffs here and there, but overall I reckon it was our best performance in over a year.

Now we've just got to step it up another notch for the final on 23rd June...
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766
    Well done! Was there a good vide from the crowd or were you playing to a room of judges and competitors?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Well done! Was there a good vide from the crowd or were you playing to a room of judges and competitors?
    Was quite a crowd, actually (for the size of the venue) - about 70 or 80 people, half of which were ours. The first few bands' rent-a-crowds buggered off by the time we played, though, which was a bit rude...
    <space for hire>
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303

Where at?
    hywelg said:

Where at?
    Same place - The Maze, in Nottingham.
    <space for hire>