New pedal build - Feedback boost

liamonliamon Frets: 103
I've been working on building a feedback loop pedal that works really well with fuzz, distortion and overdrive pedals.  

I started with a simple feedback send/return loop, but I found when I used it with an overdrive or fuzz pedal the volume dropped way down, I’m guessing because it was stacking gain on top of itself over and over. The sounds were awesome though. So I overcame this with something that I think is pretty cool: a feedback loop that then goes into a clean boost circuit to allow you to boost/maintain your volume while your effect layers up into itself. Add your favourite fuzz, overdrive, or distortion pedal and enter the stratosphere.

The boost part of the circuit does not go back into the feedback loop, so think of it setting the tonal quality you want with the feedback knob, then using the volume knob as a clean master volume. 

I've had a bit of interest so I'm going to make a small batch. DM if you're interested!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Nice idea. I like messing with feedback loops and always found that having a momentary switch was a good option. Just for throwing tiny bits of silliness in. 

Just an idea for you if you wanted to do a dual foot switch version! ;-)
    How very rock and roll
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Sounds like a great pedal. An audio or video clip would boost (no pun intended) potential purchaser interest immensely! 
  • liamonliamon Frets: 103
    AlexC said:
    Sounds like a great pedal. An audio or video clip would boost (no pun intended) potential purchaser interest immensely! 
    Yep loads of people have asked. I want to make sure I do it with decent recording kit. Hopefully soon.