Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
    tFB Trader
    I've promised myself a feline Lion. That is just beautiful! The problem is Ash @theguitarweasel is that my piggy bank is an agile speedy swine currently due to him not being weighed down by disposable income!
    Mine too lol ...positively turbo charged! Mind you ... Jonathan does do extremely good 'terms' where you pay a bit throughout the build ... just to be the little devil sitting on your shoulder :-)
    I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after![/quote]

Surely a korina V with gold hardware?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11494
    tFB Trader
    I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after![/quote]

No Ash actually wants a nice vrsion of what essentially adds up to a flying V Junior

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    FelineGuitars;1074295" said:
    BowynMadley said:

I am hoping to make this year the year where he can build me the Feline Flying V I have been lusting after!

No Ash actually wants a nice vrsion of what essentially adds up to a flying V Junior[/quote]

So mahogany body and neck with rosewood board and minimal bling? Sounds lovely
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Want
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3488
    Jonathan, what is the scale of the 5 string banjo inspired guitar going to be?  Is it going to be 670mm?  What gauge strings are you planning to use as well? Are you planning to use banjo tuners?  

Looks like a really fascinating instrument.  A bit like a 5 string version of the Warren Ellis baritone tenor. 

The 25th Anniversary Lion looks amazing.  Really precise and tidy inlay work on the ebony board. 
    tFB Trader
    The 5 string guitar will be standard scale rather than a baritone, - haven't figured out the tuning etc
    Hope to see the customer later on so we'll get more info soon

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    We do actually make classic bolt on neck guitars too.
    Here is one of our all access necks 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Lots of new leather goods turning up at Feline this week (not those kinds)
    We've long wanted to include some tool pouches and accessory bags made to go in the cases of our custom built guitars.....a bit of new "Case candy" for the high end stuff and this week our friendly leatherworkers turned up with the first batch.

Nice English leather document and accessory pouch we will begin to supply with our high end guitars - great for warranty cards and a spare set of strings.

Nice tool pouch for the Cruz groove Tool (guitar multitool) which we're going to supply with our custom build orders

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    That's a nice touch Jonathan.

I do a lot of work for Jaguar/Land Rover, press launches and such and their Design Director is prone to mangling the English language to the point that it makes all the crew wince.
    Once of his favourites when explaining the design ethos is 'Premiumness' and much as it is an ugly word I think it is quite appropriate for what you're trying to do with these !

tFB Trader
    Continuing our promotional campaign we wanted to have some new printing done....

We had somenew Feline Postcards arrived today - whoo Hoo.
    One is the Vince Ray designed Electric Warrior image, and the other is a condensed version of our last guitar review by Guitar and Bass Magazine....

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Jon showed me one of the 25th anniversary guitars today. The new inlays look good in the pictures above but are stunning in real life! Very intricate work.

The top on the one I saw was amazing as well.
    tFB Trader
    We are tinkering with a design to put a floyd rose on one of our Lion Special models 
    We are trying it in a swamp ash body first time and made it 25.5" scale with an HSS pickup configuration.

Still got the All access neck joint and we've used a standard LP control cavity , although I think we may go with a longer cavity on any future ones to allow the control layout to be somewhere more superstrat like

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Oh I do love the look of swamp ash!
  • adamrossadamross Frets: 18
    Continuing our promotional campaign we wanted to have some new printing done....

One is the Vince Ray designed Electric Warrior image, and the other is a condensed version of our last guitar review by Guitar and Bass Magazine....

I've seen Feline guitars around for a number of years and always had the same negative opinion of the logo. You should have Vince Ray redesign your logo and font because they look like the logos you might see on cheap Chinese made guitars at the moment and definitely put people off buying - me included.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited August 2016

Horses for courses I guess. I love the logo - looks classy and immediately identifiable

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    We are tinkering with a design to put a floyd rose on one of our Lion Special models 
    We are trying it in a swamp ash body first time and made it 25.5" scale with an HSS pickup configuration.
    I'd like (to see) a Lion with a modern non-locking tremolo. A Hipshot Contour, fer example, or similar, with Superstrat style control layout.

However, worth bearing in mind that I'm awfully unlikely to buy any more guitars.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I'd like (to see) a Lion with a modern non-locking tremolo. A Hipshot Contour, fer example, or similar, with Superstrat style control layout.

However, worth bearing in mind that I'm awfully unlikely to buy any more guitars.
    Yes - we plan to do it with the Hipshot tremolo too - hence looking to use a narrower headstock for straighter string pull

edited August 2016 tFB Trader

adamross said:

I've seen Feline guitars around for a number of years and always had the same negative opinion of the logo. You should have Vince Ray redesign your logo and font because they look like the logos you might see on cheap Chinese made guitars at the moment and definitely put people off buying - me included.

That's alright - we're only looking to continue building for another year or so , so you wont have to be put off for long.

You can't please all the people all the time , and many people have moaned but wouldn't buy one even if you changed it to their own design

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

In the meantime we have an update to the case candy we were putting together

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom