iPad OS question

RockerRocker Frets: 4978
Our iPad runs OS 9.something and the Solitaire app has an update 'awaiting'  but it requires OS 10.0 or greater.  There seems to be no option to upgrade the OS or perhaps my machine is unable to run 10.0.

Advice sought from those in the know.  Thanks as always.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    If you've connected it to the Apple iTunes store, checked for updates and there isn't a 10.anything update available, it can't run it. Or to be strictly accurate, more likely that Apple *won't* let it run it...

Unfortunately these products are going to have a limited life expectancy because of this, even if the battery doesn't stop holding its charge properly. My old iPhone 4S won't update to iOS 10 either, so it's of limited use even though it does actually still work. (I think, I haven't turned it on for a couple of months.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Which iPad is it?
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Thanks guys. It is MC705B/A running OS 9.3.5
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3279
    edited May 2018
    Rocker said:
    Thanks guys. It is MC705B/A running OS 9.3.5
    iPad 3rd gen so OS9 is its max I’m afraid..