Fly rig suggestions needed.

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Rowby1 said:
    octatonic said:
    Sonic Turbo Tuner -> KoT -> Chase Gravitas -> Strymon Blue Sky

Chase Gravitas! Wow! That’s pretty much the other extreme of tweakability to my current Mooer Trelicopter! Do you have one?
    Certainly do.
    They are pretty fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1278
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:
    Some great suggestions here folks, plenty to look into. 

Just to reiterate, I am trying to keep away from digital modelling type stuff as much as poss. So amplifire, g2r etc not quite what I’m looking for.

Size is also an issue (she said), so the flyrig5 plus a trem would be too big unfortunately. 

Keep the ideas coming though please.
    The flyrig 5 is tiny, will easily fit in a pocket on a gig bag.  One of those and a mini trem, like a mooer, and you wont get anything any smaller
    FlyRig5 is 292mm and a Trelicopter (plus a patch plug) would probably take me over size by just a smidge. 

I take your point though, that’s still a very small set up!
  • Rowby1 said:
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:

Just to reiterate, I am trying to keep away from digital modelling type stuff as much as poss. So amplifire, g2r etc not quite what I’m looking for.

Size is also an issue (she said), so the flyrig5 plus a trem would be too big unfortunately. 

The flyrig 5 is tiny, will easily fit in a pocket on a gig bag.  One of those and a mini trem, like a mooer, and you wont get anything any smaller
    FlyRig5 is 292mm and a Trelicopter (plus a patch plug) would probably take me over size by just a smidge. 

If you haven’t seen a Fly rig in real life you’ll be shocked how small it actually is. The trem could even go sideways above the FR on a small board. It’s very shallow and not very tall. It’s freakin tiny!
    Rowby1 said:
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:

If you haven’t seen a Fly rig in real life you’ll be shocked how small it actually is. The trem could even go sideways above the FR on a small board. It’s very shallow and not very tall. It’s freakin tiny!
    Actually, positioning the trem (and a tuner) above it could be a workable solution. I shall investigate further!
    edited May 2018

timmysoft said:

Its kinda what I’ve done. All powered by a volto2 underneath 
    So how long is that from end to end? Looks great btw!

Edit: I can see now it’s on a pedal train nano so 14” That’s 2” longer than I need mine to be.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Rowby1 said:
    Rowby1 said:
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:

Actually, positioning the trem (and a tuner) above it could be a workable solution. I shall investigate further!
    Does it have to be assembled in to a board, just stuff the flyrig and a pedal in your bag with a patch lead and something like a one-spot.  I space is at such a premium ditch the board
    edited May 2018
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:
    Rowby1 said:
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:

Does it have to be assembled in to a board, just stuff the flyrig and a pedal in your bag with a patch lead and something like a one-spot.  I space is at such a premium ditch the board
    Yes, that’s true. I guess a lot of it comes down to how I get on with the FlyRig5 sounds. Need to find somewhere to try one.

The issue with any “all in one” solutions may be that I’ll love the drives but hate the verb (for example). Not going to find that out ‘til I try it though.
  • Rowby1 said:
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:
    Rowby1 said:
    John_A said:
    Rowby1 said:

Yes, that’s true. I guess a lot of it comes down to how I get on with the FlyRig5 sounds. Need to find somewhere to try one.

The issue with any “all in one” solutions may be that I’ll love the drives but hate the verb (for example). Not going to find that out ‘til I try it though.
    What do you usually use for your gain sounds?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    https://goo.gl/images/Jyk2hx

Hope that link worked, always loved that image. Anyway, one of them! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    @gibsongretschfan a J Rockett Tim Pierce OD and a Riot. 
    https://goo.gl/images/Jyk2hx

Hope that link worked, always loved that image. Anyway, one of them! 
    That’s v cool.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited June 2018
    For your Tuner, FX (Chorus & various Modultion FX, Delay, Reverb, Pitch, Filter) - the Zoom MS-70CDR

A Dual Overdrive of your choice so you can set different gain levels e.g. like the Suhr Eclipse, JHS Sweet Tea or an Overdrive with a Boost like the JHS Andy Timmons and maybe a Mini Vol/Wah

Power Supply = GigRig Generator
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    edited May 2018
    I know you said you wanted to keep it as analog as possible but if it was me I'd go for the Boss MS-3. It does everything you've asked for it's tiny and hardly weighs anything plus you've got the loops if you wanted to add any pedals to it.
    Thanks for the suggestions folks. Will do some more research around the ideas and post an update when I’ve come to some sort of conclusion.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited May 2018
    A Keeley Mod Workstation would get you two drives + tremolo or reverb.
    Always thought two of the Workstation pedals plus a tuner would make for a versatile but tiny analogue setup...
    Had a try on a FlyRig5 but wasn’t to keen on the drive tone.

Ended up deciding to buy a Revival Drive. If it’s all it’s cracked up to be I think I’ll be using that as the basis for my fly rig. Just a tuner in front and probably a Flint after.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 913
    NUX Cerberus might be worth a look for a compact, all-in-one solution?
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3584
    BOSS, they just work. If you get a problem you can go to the local music shop and get a direct replacement.
    They sound good into just about any backline and nobody is likely to half inch them when your back is turned.
    Also get spare link leads and batteries as well as a daisy chain power supply backup.
    A sheet of bubblewrap to cover the whole lot in the bag.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I’ll wait to see how I get on with the Revival. If it’s not the full ticket then either of the above suggestions will be worth investigation, thanks folks.
  • Rowby1 said:
    Had a try on a FlyRig5 but wasn’t to keen on the drive tone.

Ended up deciding to buy a Revival Drive. If it’s all it’s cracked up to be I think I’ll be using that as the basis for my fly rig. Just a tuner in front and probably a Flint after.
    You really should have tried the RK5