Post Rats chat, pics & clips

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    sev112 said:
    Thanks for the chance to play something that I wouldn’t normally do and putting up with me :)
    I'll say it again @sev112 - nice vocals too
    ;)

Great vids @Rabs ;
    seconded!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:

Cheers Rabs,

Can I dedicate this video to @legionreturns - it was his suggestion to play Teenage kicks and he'd have enjoyed playing that if he could have made it. We'll do it again in Huddersfield Chris!

Of course you can :)  These vids are for all involved and to show those who couldn't make it what a hoot we have ...  I will have to gather the courage to play next time....
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    Peteri being so generous with us trying his cool guitars was the highlight for me. So when is gearfest London? 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Superb venue and a great vibe. The quality of some of the playing was inspirational. Special shout out to everyone who helped with the organisation.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Could we have a final song lineup list and attendees to help me out putting names to faces when looking at pics and vids? I’m not as young as I used to be, and I sometimes (always) forget names.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    mrkb said:
    Could we have a final song lineup list and attendees to help me out putting names to faces when looking at pics and vids? I’m not as young as I used to be, and I sometimes (always) forget names.
    I was going to tag people when I posted the pics but sadly I appear to have the same codger disease that you have...
  • @Rabs was that your phone you were pointing at us?  Amazing videos if it was!

@mrkb @Bridgehouse - I'm the buffoon in the red t-shirt on bass, or playing Rabs' guitar (straight into a JCM800 IIRC).
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
    (straight into a JCM800 IIRC).
    I did that as well, have to admit it's something I'd like to do more often but no good for home use!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    (straight into a JCM800 IIRC).
    I did that as well, have to admit it's something I'd like to do more often but no good for home use!!
    Secret hidden benefit of Jam days...

..You get to try/hear/experience a load of different amps - and some of the direct in sounds into some of the amps can be really surprising. I thought the JCM 800 was pretty good actually 
    tFB Trader
    @Rabs was that your phone you were pointing at us?  Amazing videos if it was!

Yup its a Samsung Galaxy S7...   And yes they do have amazing cameras, proper point and click.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Great day, thanks to everyone involved it was fantastic day for me and my boy.

Just catching up with the thread after returning home striking up the Barbie and entertaining some good friends and putting my new bottle opener to good use!

The day started off with @peteri saying to jr can i trust you, then offering one of his guitars to hold while he did something. I then took the guitar off him to check it out. A 53 LP !!

Met so many great guys today and had a really enjoyable day. Would like to thank you all for taking Finn under your wing and supporting and encouraging him. He had a great day and a real eye-opening experience for him. We will definitely be back!

Big thanks to @TTony @Bridgehouse and @poopot for making today happen and @Handsome_Chris for shining up my boy's bass!

Too many names to mention but it was a pleasure meeting you all today!

P.S. apologies to Stevie Wonder - I love you man!
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Great vids @Rabs ;

No worries.. I thought some video recording was in order :)

You guys may be interested to know..  Of the 9 videos I just uploaded I got 1 copyright notice for the second take of Comfortably Numb..  :D

Haha! Maybe my bassline and @poopots solo was close enough to the original after all ;)

Actually, more detail. When I go and look at the copyright claim thing it tells me exactly which bit is the copyright..  It says

Comfortably Numb

Music composition 0:02 - 3:36 play match
    Great day, thanks to everyone involved it was fantastic day for me and my boy.

Just catching up with the thread after returning home striking up the Barbie and entertaining some good friends and putting my new bottle opener to good use!

The day started off with @peteri saying to jr can i trust you, then offering one of his guitars to hold while he did something. I then took the guitar off him to check it out. A 53 LP !!

Met so many great guys today and had a really enjoyable day. Would like to thank you all for taking Finn under your wing and supporting and encouraging him. He had a great day and a real eye-opening experience for him. We will definitely be back!

Big thanks to @TTony @Bridgehouse and @poopot for making today happen and @Handsome_Chris for shining up my boy's bass!

Too many names to mention but it was a pleasure meeting you all today!

P.S. apologies to Stevie Wonder - I love you man!
    So glad he had a good day - it's what our Jam days are all about. He's a great player - I did the bass on Come Together in Huddersfield and it's a toughie - he did brilliantly. 

Next time he needs to have a go on a full scale - would open up so many more tonal possibilities too - and I'll make sure I bring a few more 'choice' basses along for him to have a go on - the '64 and '74 Precisions would be worth a go at least..
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Good lad, in the future these will be precious memories for him. Apart from anything else he probably brought the average age down by about 6 months. (Based on a "small sample", rock guitar seems to be a middle aged white bloke past-time).

Speaking as someone who bought a guitar when he was 16 but didn't play until he was 50, I really hope Jr sticks with it.
    overheard from StarDrummer at the end: "23 guitarists here and I bet not one bugger offers to help with my kit".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    Had an awesome day yesterday, to anyone who is unsure about going to these things you could not be in a more supportive environment to play.  Was my first ever time playing with anyone else yesterday and I loved every minute, even the point in comfortably when I actually stopped playing in awe of @poopot playing the solo with one days notice!

Loads of highlights some I will already have forgotten, watching @lovestrat74 s lad playing on come together, @mrkb s mick jagger dance, @peteri playing the solo to beat it, @slacker being good at everything.

Seeing all the talent and gear was brilliant, @mtb casually saying he had hand built both his lovely tweed amps, hearing @Flanging_Fred show me what my strat could sound like if I learned to play and finally letting me try a hudson broadcast, a drum lesson from mark blagdon, good looking, good singer, drummer and guitar player, your mates must hate you : )

For me the way it was organised was ideal, the rooms downstairs were fully set up, we had a complete run through of comfortably in a practice room. @mtb and @McToot and I had a quiet room to work out three rhythm parts for learning to fly.

All that for fifteen quid!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018
    Good you got the chance of run throughs @munckee - that would have really helped me on my tunes. I put the above on a post now buried at top of thread, if I was to be back it's certainly what I would aim to arrange:

Thoughts - my 3 tunes were all 1 take and out, it was a bit of a blink really, I would have really enjoyed a little practice time as a 'band' prior to the performance (and would have played better). Obviously that would need changing the format to more "bands" playing mini-sets rather than hot seating every tune.

I guess for the hot seat format this is only feasible towards the end of the day as people's commitments start to close off.

To be fair I also should have practiced Tush more!
    I'd also take a nice long cable so I could move about, see the other players better and wave at the control room.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    pmbomb said:
    I'd also take a nice long cable so I could move about, see the other players better and wave at the control room.
    this definitely, what seems like a long cable at home really restricted me, especially as I was trying to watch other people to make sure I was in time, being in the room I heard things very differently and with ear plugs in.

Having the rehearsal time was lucky, I think that everyone I was playing with seemed to have a gap during the first set.  Really helped for how to finish comfortably and everything.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
    edited June 2018
    pmbomb said:
    overheard from StarDrummer at the end: "23 guitarists here and I bet not one bugger offers to help with my kit".
    I don't think that was our original "Star Drummer" but rather we were fortunate enough to be joined by the rest of @poopot 's band or his drummer and bassist anyhow - who saved the day after the original didn't show!

Thanks to both of them for helping make the day such a success. 

Edit:  I'd have helped with the kit but what I know about drums could be written on the back of a stamp!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...