5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6799
    edited June 2018
    fandango said:
    Okay ... for the Take it Easy song, I propose we keep it simple.

The version in JustinGuitar's 'Vintage Song Book' ties in with the official single very well. JG has laid the chords out so that it's easy to follow.

I've found tabs for a simpler version of the official release solo that plays for the 16 bars of the solo section. I'm doing what I can to get this sorted with my fingers. So far so good. But I need to speed it up.

Can those down for Take it Easy confirm that this is okay. Thanks.

Yep sure is, if you can give me a tempo bpm, that you feel happy at I’ll set the drumming tempo to that and well all jam along happily. we did similar for Tush at Woking, though I couldn’t see @tone71 very well to work out how much to slow by. If we know in advance what tempo I can be better prepared.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    fandango said:

The version in JustinGuitar's 'Vintage Song Book' ties in with the official single very well. JG has laid the chords out so that it's easy to follow.

I've found tabs for a simpler version of the official release solo that plays for the 16 bars of the solo section. I'm doing what I can to get this sorted with my fingers. So far so good. But I need to speed it up.

Cool with me ,  I see other guys want a go at acoustic rhythm so I’m happy to play a 12 string part or do whatever but I’m comfortable following anyone at any speed and know the song inside out . 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    sticker said:
    fandango said:

Cool with me ,  I see other guys want a go at acoustic rhythm so I’m happy to play a 12 string part or do whatever but I’m comfortable following anyone at any speed and know the song inside out . 
    Great. I'm thinking there might/will be time and space outside of playing the 'official' version to use this as a basis for a jam in another of the studio rooms. Especially as I'd like to have a go at the rhythm (on electric) as well as the lead.

I hope that's okay, too.

@LegionreturnsI assume there's an official running order for each day. Is there also some kind of organisation for the other rooms? Or are these on an ad-hoc-first-come-first-serve basis?

@Bridgehouse - any chance of an updated set list sheet. Pretty please.

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    i don't think there'll be any official designation for the other rooms, I presume it's hard enough organising the live studio room. 

One room (the side one) was designated acoustic last time. I never saw anyone in there, but this time there is a one-hour acoustic gig so I guess people might use it to warm up. 

The "back room" was where most of the electric jams happened. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    fandango said:
    sticker said:
    fandango said:

Great. I'm thinking there might/will be time and space outside of playing the 'official' version to use this as a basis for a jam in another of the studio rooms. Especially as I'd like to have a go at the rhythm (on electric) as well as the lead.

I hope that's okay, too.

@LegionreturnsI assume there's an official running order for each day. Is there also some kind of organisation for the other rooms? Or are these on an ad-hoc-first-come-first-serve basis?

@Bridgehouse - any chance of an updated set list sheet. Pretty please.

I’ll do an updated list tonight.

Running will be done when we have a final who is playing what..

Other rooms are “as they happen”
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    We've currently pencilled in a room for gig practice for a chunk of Saturday...but that remains to be seen as a lot of the songs so far on the gig list are also jam songs 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    We've currently pencilled in a room for gig practice for a chunk of Saturday...but that remains to be seen as a lot of the songs so far on the gig list are also jam songs 
    How many rooms in total will there be?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    Are we shy on gig songs? If so there are a few I'd be interested in doing that are quite easy, but it would depend on run-through time, and at the moment I'm not sure how many bodies we've got to share the load.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Last time it seemed that the end room was the jam room and the 'acoustic' room was the song practice, not by design but ended up that way
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Thanks guys - will think on it - out director has unexpectedly come over for six weeks.. the entire length of the rest of my project, meant to end the day before the event (definitely coming, just saying I might look like a zombie!)
    Thanks guys - will think on it - out director has unexpectedly come over for six weeks.. the entire length of the rest of my project, meant to end the day before the event (definitely coming, just saying I might look like a zombie!)
    There's definitely space for another guitar on zombie  ;)

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Haha - where is this song list? 
    Also, I'm wondering what to bring... probably my GS Mini but not sure about lugging an electric down..?
    Gone a bit quiet in these here parts?

Everyone going to fill some of these gaps?  The ones I'm especially keen to do will be solo numbers at this rate ;)
    I’ll update it a bit later and start the rally call again ;)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Yep definitely needs some ‘noise’ - it has gone a bit quiet. Is there anything we can do to coerce more people to attend?
    Yep definitely needs some ‘noise’ - it has gone a bit quiet. Is there anything we can do to coerce more people to attend?
    Shout about it in other threads ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've done some bumping :)
    I've done some bumping :)
    So I see! Keep name dropping in other threads. Maybe we need someone to take a 59 burst, a terry morgan a 70s Tokai and a few R9s to the jam for comparison - that would get them coming in droves :)
    I'm thinking about bringing my YBTB rig and setting it up in the communal room so people can experiment with it, and use it as a 4th jam area. Maybe for acoustic/ singing practice. 

What ya reckon? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I'm thinking about bringing my YBTB rig and setting it up in the communal room so people can experiment with it, and use it as a 4th jam area. Maybe for acoustic/ singing practice. 

What ya reckon? 

That's a great idea, the more areas to play/practice the better :)