NGD Fender Paramount

I actually got this a month ago but I wanted to see what it was like before I posted.  I got a pretty good deal on it from the store where I teach because it's a Fender dealer and the owner likes the teachers to be playing Fenders.  It all started when I told him my old flat top wasn't equipped with a PU and it was old and beat.  He suggested I try this one, a Paramount PM-1 Standard and offered it at a very good price with a great hardshell case.   GAS took over and I brought it home.  These are "designed in USA" and "crafted in China"  .  Overall I really like playing it unplugged more than I thought I would.  I have had it at a couple of band rehearsals, in this band I play only amplified acoustic and lapsteel.  Loved how easy it is to make it fit right in and come alive at solo time with just pure physical dynamics without have to engage a volume boost.   I also got to play it in a medium sized hall with a real stage where they plugged it directly into the board, along with the other guitarist in my band.  It was an open stage deal and the hall had about 100 people in it.  It performed perfectly.  A few days ago I got to use it in a recording session, a local outfit that's putting together some kind of promo video for our local army base/military college is using an instrumental version of one of my songs for a backdrop so I had to record the basic strummed part in a booth and a condenser mic.  Again, no problem.  It's not the absolute best acoustic I've ever played, but for what I need right now it's perfect.  There are other models in the Paramount line that are more ornate but I haven't tried any......yet.  Now, the pictures, 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Got one of these myself, deluxe version with rosewood back and sides, cracking guitars for the money
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    That looks great. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.