theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    edited June 2018
    It depends on how closely you want to capture the live performance on the day.  If so, the vocals on 'American Woman' need to be a lot higher...

Seriously, you're doing a superb job.  Leave them.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    It’s ok... just listed to the original versions of the songs... vocals low on those as well... fecking kids have been messing with the car stereo!!!!!

gonna cut them out of the will now!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I’m happy with what you have produced- I do think the vocals are a bit low in some, but that’s purely as I want to hear my own performance. Would it be possible to upload the individual stem files so we can mix our own/ listen to our individual performances in isolation? Are they way files? I wouldn’t want you to do a lot more work to do this , but if would allow us to do our own mix/ review. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I’m happy with what you have produced- I do think the vocals are a bit low in some, but that’s purely as I want to hear my own performance. Would it be possible to upload the individual stem files so we can mix our own/ listen to our individual performances in isolation? Are they way files? I wouldn’t want you to do a lot more work to do this , but if would allow us to do our own mix/ review. 
    Yep, once I get through them all I can send via WeTransfer...

I’ll stick another post up when ready.
    Ok, have msg'd @Guitar_Slinger and offered to re-record the lead for this but he said to go ahead and post without redoing the guitar....

So Honky Tonk V1 with @TTony, @darthed1981, @mrkb and @Tone71 and if you listen really hard @Guitar_Slinger very faintly in the background :(

edited June 2018
    ARRRRRRRGH!!!!! The curse of the YTS lads strikes again... there is no acoustic guitar on Learning to fly... Who Was it playing that? @McToot or @MtB?
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    Mctoot on a Taylor 
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    poopot said:
    ARRRRRRRGH!!!!! The curse of the YTS lads strikes again... there is no acoustic guitar on Learning to fly... Who Was it playing that? @McToot or @MtB?
    Yep - it was me, but don't worry , I'm sure the mix will be better without  ;)

I caused all sorts of hassle trying to get an acoustic in. That was the one and only time where I have thought a Variax would have been a fine idea...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

McToot said:

I caused all sorts of hassle trying to get an acoustic in. That was the one and only time where I have thought a Variax would have been a fine idea...
    Nope... deffo need you on it...
    do you have a way of recording your acoustic? even if it’s with a smart phone or other recorder?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    poopot said:
    McToot said:

do you have a way of recording your acoustic? even if it’s with a smart phone or other recorder?
    This is going to be just like Live and Dangerous all over again ...
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Teenage Kicks V2:

With Mr@mrkb, Mr@Guitar_Slinger, Mr@Jonathangus and Little Miss@drumswithpoopot ;

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    poopot said:
    McToot said:

Ooh blimey. Nothing sophisticated certainly. 

I could try recording it as a voice memo on iPhone 6, but that's about as good as I've got.  I can ask a colleague if he's got anything better (he does a  fair bit of home recording but I think that's straight into a Mac)...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited June 2018
    McToot said:

I could try recording it as a voice memo on iPhone 6, but that's about as good as I've got.  I can ask a colleague if he's got anything better (he does a  fair bit of home recording but I think that's straight into a Mac)...
    Lets give that a try... Will PM you now.
    Three Little Maids from school are we... and now the honorary forth maid @mrkb on vocals...

Tush V2 

poopot said:
    Three Little Maids from school are we... and now the honorary forth maid @mrkb on vocals...

Tush V2 

Wow, that sounds tight and superb widdling!! Sorry about the Hollywood vocals... but who needs Hollywood anyway!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    poopot said:
    Ok, have msg'd @Guitar_Slinger and offered to re-record the lead for this but he said to go ahead and post without redoing the guitar....

So Honky Tonk V1 with @TTony, @darthed1981, @mrkb and @Tone71 and if you listen really hard @Guitar_Slinger very faintly in the background :(

So I’m on the RH channel - with @tone71 on the left side. The guitars intertwine pretty well for 75% of the track! Would improve a second time through. @tone71 where did you pick up the licks for that track? I’m hoping to add some of those into my part for the next Jam? Were you in standard tuning (I was)?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

TTony said:
    poopot said:
    poopot said:
    Morning peeps...

listening to all the tracks in the car, does anyone else think all the vocals are a bit low in the mix? 
    Could this be the problem?
    Could well be... vocals just seems a bit low... 
    For a group of guitarists without a real vocalist amongst us, I'd say that the vocals are high enough in the mix
    ;)
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited June 2018
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:

Wow, that sounds tight and superb widdling!! Sorry about the Hollywood vocals... but who needs Hollywood anyway!
    Considering it was thrown on all 4 of us there and then and none of us had played that before its great!...
    Dont worry about the vocal either... Its Bloody High!!!!!
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:

So I’m on the RH channel - with @tone71 on the left side. The guitars intertwine pretty well for 75% of the track! Would improve a second time through. @tone71 where did you pick up the licks for that track? I’m hoping to add some of those into my part for the next Jam? Were you in standard tuning (I was)?
    I was playing in open g but was aware that a string or 2 went out of kilter midway through so backed off a bit, now glaringly obvious without 2 guitars to hide behind!!!

Pretty sure I got most of it from JustinGuitar, the solo can also be played in open g really easily.

The video that was posted on the other thread that is closed had all 3 guitars and I thought it sounded excellent, it was like we were all playing separate parts but they worked really well. 

Your part was excellent btw.
    edited June 2018
    Ok peeps... Whilst we wait for the missing guitar from mr @McToot...

@mrkb thumping the drums... @Bridgehouse on Bass Banjo... @munckee holding down guitar duties... and Vocal performance of the day has to go to @Jonathangus... Good work Fella!!!

Comfy Numb for your ears:

Added some background keys and removed most of my guitar to add some space to the mix...