The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Yeah no doubt, it's a great sounding setup, I bet!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Freebird said:
    The new reverbs are just around the corner, I'm sure. I know what @crunchman and @Wazmeister are talking about with 1 box simplicity, it's a luxury.
    It takes me seconds to liberate my Kemper for solo playing, it's all plug n play, but I have the option of complexity when required! My next track is going to have 20 delays and 10 reverbs on it 

It's not so much liberating it from the home setup.  It's taking it out to play live.  If I want to use the Big Sky as well, I have to carry it with me, plug in extra cables, plus a power supply etc.  It takes away the simplicity of Kemper + Remote.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited September 2018
    crunchman said:
    It's not so much liberating it from the home setup.  It's taking it out to play live.  If I want to use the Big Sky as well, I have to carry it with me, plug in extra cables, plus a power supply etc.  It takes away the simplicity of Kemper + Remote.
    I'm just trying to find out what the limits are, and see how far I can push them. It was more a case of one thing accidentally leading to another, but I am looking at it from a recording point of view.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited September 2018
    Jonathanthomas83 said:
    Waiting for this Kemper release, with the new reverbs, is proving to be quite excruciating. Maybe they're perfectionists.
    I can't wait to hear these!

Yeah no doubt, it's a great sounding setup, I bet!
    As you know, with the Fractal stuff you have a lot of extra parameters to play with when it comes to designing new fx sounds, so I think the FX8 is a good foil for the Kemper. I went down the reamping road so that I could bring the Helix fx and other assorted VST fx plugins into play, but it's still all very experimental at the moment. Basically I'm trying to meld everything together into one coherent system that goes beyond guitars, and includes other sound sources such as real and virtual synths, etc..

There is no doubt it's the Kemper that lies at the heart of it all, so it's not just a one-trick pony. It actually becomes a very powerful creative tool when it's all connected up together in this way, and I would probably have countless problems trying to do the same thing with real amps.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Not sure if you guys saw this, but a free (Pay it forward) pack from ToneJunkies, I've downloaded it but haven't had any time to play with it yet:

https://tonejunkiestore.com/65england/ ;
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's amazing, thank you @PVO_Dave!

They've released a video of a Lonestar profile today, I'm keen to get my hands on that too!

• LOVE a the Tone Junkie stuff 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Looks as though I’m going to have a busy Sunday, pick up my Kemper Saturday and my AxeFx3 is being delivered this week ! It could cause a singularity :)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    sweepy said:
    Looks as though I’m going to have a busy Sunday, pick up my Kemper Saturday and my AxeFx3 is being delivered this week ! It could cause a singularity :)

And when are you picking up the divorce papers? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh, she is very understanding, I'll just spend a small fortune on quilting materials for her
  • @sweepy awesome week ahead! Enjoy!

• sweepy said:
    Good lord.... that's a huge amount of processing power... remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
  • Another rehearsal with the Kemper and Suhr Alt T Pro last night...

Perfect.

I ran the Kemper through the Red Sound cab, and then direct to the PA. Fixed the volume on the PA, so that if I increased the cab volume (as if...) during rehearsal, it didn't affect the PA output. 

It was glorious... used a 3rd Power profile.

I am so delighted with my set-up now, and for once, it is actually really working for me :)
  • One thing I'll say about Fractal is that they release stuff regularly, I love that. Waiting for this Kemper release, with the new reverbs, is proving to be quite excruciating. Maybe they're perfectionists.
    I thought they'd released the new reverbs already.
  • One thing I'll say about Fractal is that they release stuff regularly, I love that. Waiting for this Kemper release, with the new reverbs, is proving to be quite excruciating. Maybe they're perfectionists.
    Just Spring in beta, at the moment. Wazmeister said:
    Another rehearsal with the Kemper and Suhr Alt T Pro last night...

Perfect.

I ran the Kemper through the Red Sound cab, and then direct to the PA. Fixed the volume on the PA, so that if I increased the cab volume (as if...) during rehearsal, it didn't affect the PA output. 

I am so delighted with my set-up now, and for once, it is actually really working for me :)
    That is amazing mate, really good to hear!

Perfect.

Odd, when I last tried one out in GG, it looked like there were new reverbs loaded. They sounded great, as did the delays.
  • I've done five gigs with the Red Sound/DXR10 combo now and it's been brilliant. The DXR10 is pole mounted with the RS on the floor in front (I have a Gramma board that I must try with the RS) and Kemper on the RS. Monitor out with cabs on to the RS, link from RS to DXR10 and fixed level feed from KPA main out to PA.

It doesn't look much like a traditional guitar rig but it sounds great, has tons of headroom and is very controllable. I may not go back to using guitar cabs!!

Perfect.

Odd, when I last tried one out in GG, it looked like there were new reverbs loaded. They sounded great, as did the delays.
    Yep, there are some good ones in there already, but there are definitely some more coming in a major overhaul of the reverb engine. It's going to be good!

• Well I think...THINK...I may have finally nailed the sound in my head for a good muff tone using only the Kemper!!! Trick is definitely the profile...and the secret weapon is the green scream in front of the muff! Well happy fuckin' days!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Right, Kemper all plugged in, software downloaded, I may be sometime :)