The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Let us know how you get on. Are you comparing it with the Axe FX, @sweepy (assuming that's arrived too)?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just thought I'd say hello as I've been running a KPA for most of my 'live' stuff for the last two years.. I run it through a XiTone MBritt cab and gotta say it sounds mighty good..

Si
  • Welcome along @grappagreen! What sort of profiles are you using?

• Michael Britt for most of the stuff I use live.. I've pretty much got everything he's profiled..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Looking to get the Grab and Go pack from Britt, looks very handy 
  • sweepy said:
    It's great but, like all of Mike's stuff, it needs to be cranked to sound at its best.

Great chap actually - I mailed him when I first got the KPA and was having a bit of trouble getting my head around something. He sent me quite a few emails giving guidance etc.. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Ok, after a couple of hours pottering around with presets, yes I know not ideal but time constraints etc etc I have to say that the amp Modelling of the Kemper is significantly better than the Fx3 but the effects on the Fractal are more flexible and a bit cleaner . When I have some days off I’ll look at building a few patches though I can see it finalising on the Fx3 being used as an Effects unit in 4CM with the Kemper from initial impressions and having owned an Axe Fx2 and FX8 in the past
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2396
    sweepy said:
    It's great but, like all of Mike's stuff, it needs to be cranked to sound at its best.

Great chap actually - I mailed him when I first got the KPA and was having a bit of trouble getting my head around something. He sent me quite a few emails giving guidance etc.. 
    I've found all the MBritt stuff to actually be very shrill - to me, MattFigg's stuff (especially the Jose modded JCM) is much better.
  • sweepy said:
    Ok, after a couple of hours pottering around with presets, yes I know not ideal but time constraints etc etc I have to say that the amp Modelling of the Kemper is significantly better than the Fx3 but the effects on the Fractal are more flexible and a bit cleaner . When I have some days off I’ll look at building a few patches though I can see it finalising on the Fx3 being used as an Effects unit in 4CM with the Kemper from initial impressions and having owned an Axe Fx2 and FX8 in the past
    Good write up mate, I know it's early days. I'm jealous of you having all these new toys to mess about with! haha. Enjoy!!!

• FarleyUK said:
    sweepy said:

I've found all the MBritt stuff to actually be very shrill - to me, MattFigg's stuff (especially the Jose modded JCM) is much better.
    Each to their own... I’ve got some of MattFiggs stuff and it’s great..
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited September 2018
    Not the right thread but just in case anyone wants a nice breakup profile, you might enjoy the "76 Marshall JMP" by George Alayon (free in the rig exchange) - it might be my favourite profile atm.
  • Totally is the right thread!

• Not the right thread but just in case anyone wants a nice breakup profile, you might enjoy the "76 Marshall JMP" by George Alayon (free in the rig exchange) - it might be my favourite profile atm.
    Yup - it's a keeper.. :)
  • Not the right thread but just in case anyone wants a nice breakup profile, you might enjoy the "76 Marshall JMP" by George Alayon (free in the rig exchange) - it might be my favourite profile atm.
    Thanks for that, sounds great with my new LP! Nice and chewy with the EQ and Boost initiated. Nice one!

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited September 2018
    Hi all,

The feckin cable they've supplied is about 12 inches long lol. So need a longer one.  Any idea where i get one and  what type of cable I need?

Ta!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What the actual fuck is with guys on eBay selling used remotes for a stupid markup? Am I missing something?

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    AndyJP said:
    Hi all,

Have just purchased a toaster and really enjoying it. It's sounding great direct to the pa for rehearsals.

I've picked up the Kemper dual switch. And using it to switch slots up and down. Easy enough to setup and think it'll work alright. But the cable they've supplied is about 12 inches long lol. So need a longer one.  Any idea where i get one and  what type of cable I need?

Ta!
    Looks like a regular 1/4” TRS balanced cable.

What the actual fuck is with guys on eBay selling used remotes for a stupid markup? Am I missing something?
    Yup, craziness! £401 direct from Kemper in a few days.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Well this is how my stage stack looks now, tiny footprint, huge sound.

http://i65.tinypic.com/j7as87.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2396
    Got a gig in October in a venue we've played before, and I remember it was a tight squeeze with the two DXR10s behind me as backline - so I'm going to be going direct to FoH via the PA and using in ears for monitoring. Scary stuff.

Should hopefully help eliminate any of the mic feedback we've been getting as well!
  • I'm sick of pissing about waiting for some sensible second hand prices on remotes. I bought direct in the end. People are absolutely mental to put £100 markup on it!