The Fretboard Cover Challenge #1

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    not_the_dj said:

I’m cheating slightly in that it’s a recording a did a while ago, just need to get the file off my laptop. 

It's not cheating. The rules don't stipulate that the recording has to be done within the time of the challenge. It just states you have to submit before the deadline. Older versions you've already recorded are absolutely fine 
    E-mail sent with the MP3.
    Got it... that’s 3 versions finished... are we all still happy to wait to hear them or do we start a playlist now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'm really keen to hear what the others have come up with, bit I'd say wait till all entries are in.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    poopot said:
    not_the_dj said:

I’m cheating slightly in that it’s a recording a did a while ago, just need to get the file off my laptop. 

It's not cheating. The rules don't stipulate that the recording has to be done within the time of the challenge. It just states you have to submit before the deadline. Older versions you've already recorded are absolutely fine 
    E-mail sent with the MP3.
    Got it... that’s 3 versions finished... are we all still happy to wait to hear them or do we start a playlist now?

I don't mind either way. For the full Composition Challenge I hold of until the end, but with the '...of the Month' challenges I add to the playlist as I receive them. That's mainly because the full tunes of the Composition Challenge are more significant endeavours whereas the '...of the Month' challenges are a bit more off-the-cuff and it's good to get a discussion going about approaches.

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    Sent my entry.

It's not a competition.
    edited July 2018
    Sent my entry.

Got it... that’s 4 entries!... will stay off the beer till the end of next month so I don’t accidentally leak them all
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    Got a version finished.  I'll re-evaluate tonight.  It's not what I wanted to make but PC noise in the heat we've been having buggered all my plans right up!

Will check I can tolerate it later and click submit!
  • poopot said:
    Sent my entry.

Got it... that’s 4 entries!... will stay off the beer till the end of next month so I don’t accidentally leak them all
    You should see the doctor if involuntary leakage is that much of an issue after a beer
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    Submitted.
    I planned something different, but was scuppered so reverted to form  :o ... dodgy vocals and all ... oh and hand claps.  Because who doesn't love hand claps.
    Got it... that’s five in total...

playlist anyone? ;)
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    poopot said:

playlist anyone? ;)
    Do it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    IMC1980 said:
    poopot said:

playlist anyone? ;)
    Do it.
    Have to ask the guvnor... how’s about it @flying_pie ?
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Happy to go with the majority vote @poopot ;

If everyone planning on entering has submitted tracks then we could pull the trigger. But if people are still working on their entries then it might be better to hold off until they're all in. 

Speaking of which I'll email something over tonight 
    Okay. It seems there's an appetite for a playlist of entries thus far.

I'm mindful that there are still people who have expressed intent (such as @thecolourbox @sev112 @meltedbuzzbox) who wouldn't yet be in the playlist. There's still loads of time left to enter so no need to panic. You can leave it until the last second as far as I'm concerned - no extra points for being quick off the mark) 

If everyone would like a playlist for amusement/inspiration then let me know and we can pull the trigger early. I'm also more than happy to wait until the deadline if need be
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited August 2018
    I don't mind if everybody else is happy to hear stuff as and when it's done, whether or not anybody likes mine won't hinge on whether they hear it now or in a couple of weeks as it's bloody awful

I probably won't listen before I've done mine in case it puts me off or I just think... Yeah there's no point sharing mine Haha but don't let that stop you
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I completely forgot about this :-(
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I'm also hoping to enter this if I can find the time. 
    Good stuff. Be great to hear some more versions 

Here's a link to the playlist if you're not already following TheFB on soundcloud. You can either listen now or defer as you see fit 

Listen to theFB Cover Challenge #1 - I Think We're Alone Now by theFretBoard.co.uk #np on #SoundCloud
    Have to say... loving these covers... been listening on a loop on the train!!!

top work chaps!!!!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256

Man I hate this song...….

So far, I like Bezzer's version, but they are all good in their own right, good stuff everyone