NAD Vox Mini 3

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
Picked this up the other day for backyard noodling, The Blackface 212 setting is really nice, the UK 70s and 80sis pretty good, you have to be a bit mindful of treble though. The other hi gain setting are a little fizzy wizzy.

For a unit that can be powered by batteries it sounds impressive.

Ridiculously under-detailed demo of the Blackface setting here.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Sounds sweet. Is that a supro or an airline your playing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72317
    I like these a lot - I've got the slightly bigger Mini5 Rhythm, but the amp modelling bit is the same as far as I remember. I have to confess to not having used it much since I got my Pignose, but they're such totally different things that it's not a fair comparison and I'm sure I will again when the Pig-novelty wears off :).

I tarted mine up with proper vintage Vox grille cloth - a scrap from an old torn AC30 grille that was having it replaced - and corner protectors, and I'm sure it sounds much better now ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    I'm sure it does sound better. Mine is the trad vox livery.
    @Kreggs it is a Supro Black Holiday. 

I should do a more detailed demo but I get the fear when that record light starts flashing
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    Nice score:D I've got the old version, and it's pretty nice for what it is. I'm assuming the newer version is at least as good. :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    I have a Mini 3 in cream.  It's good fun and sounds remarkably decent and loud for something so small.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)