SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Custom Shop Strat - final price drop to £1,500 or trade with cash for Les Paul

HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
Reluctant sale of my Custom Shop Strat. Bought secondhand from the fabulous Mark at Guitars4You 4 years ago, it is beautiful and individual in a deep sunburst with rosewood board and stock anodised scratchplate.

This was Mark's description, which I can't better:

Fender Custom Shop Classic Player - 2006 - 3 tone sunburst

In at just under 8lbs, we have a very clean but used Fender Custom Shop Classic Player Strat in 3 tone sunburst finish on a select alder body. Close scrutiny will reveal very little in the way of a blemish. It is an extremely clean instrument that shows very little sign sof use, so whilst it might not score 10/10 condition wise, it is very worthy of a 9.5 out of 10. 

The Custom Shop Classic Player Strat is based on the results of many 'customised' guitars - the Meccano nature of a Fender Guitar has allowed the hot rod market to expand with a whole host of upgraded options and customised parts now available.

Over the years, many players have taken their main guitar and tweaked it until it is just right - well now Fender have done all the work for you with features like Sperzel trim-lok tuners, Fender Custom Shop vintage noiseless pick-ups, gold anodized pickguard and the custom vintage 2 point/fulcrum trem system.

To add a touch of luxury, the honey tinted maple neck is heavily laden with birds eye and also note the abalone shell dot inlays on the rosewood fingerboard. In keeping with the modernised and customized approach, the rosewood fingerboard has the 9.5" radius, along with 22 medium jumbo frets. This now ensures a far more fluid playing action, coupled with easier string bending, with no 'choking' as you pull of some of those big blues bends.

The neck has a 'modern C' profile, with just the right blend of depth and comfort. Very 'user friendly' when you get round to playing it. The satin finish on the neck ensures it feels played in from day one.

The trem system is the modern fulcrum format favoured now by many companies for improved tuning stability, with the likes of Jeff Beck choosing it on his signature model. Yet whilst this Classic Player has the modern 2 point fulcrum trem, it still retains a set of vintage style saddles.

That brings us on to the noiseless Fender vintage pick-ups, as found on the Clapton and Beck Signature models. The lack of back ground hum and noise is not the be all and end all, as Hendrix and a host of other players have always tolerated hum, but the point is, if Leo was designing the Strat for the first time today, as an engineer, he would probably have chosen the noiseless verisions every day over the traditional single coil pick-ups that we have used for over 50 years.

The shimmering sparkling highs are there for you to adore, along with a full rich smooth body that sounds so delightful on clean amp settings and transparent mids. Wind-up the amp with the addition of some overdrive and the guitar possesses lots of character, expression, soul and warmth.

I think it is fair to say that subject to the amp you use, this Strat can cover all the classic tones from Gilmour to SRV, to Hank, to Beck etc like most good Strats can. Wired with the bottom tone pot now controlling both the middle and bridge pick-up. Additionally, this tone pot has the 'no load' option, which ensures additional highs and edge when left on 10 - so just roll it back to around 9 for the regular Strat voice, then roll it back a touch further for a softer tone.

You are buying a Custom Shop Strat with a hell of a good spec, playability and tone. The Certificate and black case, with the Custom Shop logo on the lush interior lid, are included within the price.

Images here:

http://imgur.com/a/T3Ty40R

Looking for offers as close as possible to £1,750, now £1,700 and finally now £1,500. Happy to keep it if it doesn't go.

I'm in Harrogate. Feel free to come and have a play. 

Would be interested in a trade for a nice Les Paul - ideally, gold, burst or black.
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FYI, can't get the Imgur link to work. :) 

GLWTS
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I know. Give me a minute....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hopefully now working.
    Price drop to £1,700.
    edited July 2018
    Price drop (sorry Admins, hope that doesn't count as a bump?) to £1,600 or trades for Les Paul - gold, black or burst.
    Thanks.
    edited July 2018
    Lovely bump....sale or trades for a nice Les Paul, cash either way.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    edited July 2018
    Pm sent
    Sunday bump - now on Ebay.
    Still available. And still beautiful.
    (Both are in reference to the Strat, not me).
    And a bump. And a price drop. £1500 for a beautiful, mint Custom Shop Strat.
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited July 2018
    You're in Harrogate?! I'm in Harrogate! Do we know each other?! 

I wish I had 1500 quid, it's a bargain! 
    You're in Harrogate?! I'm in Harrogate! Do we know each other?! 

I wish I had 1500 quid, it's a bargain! 
    It's the rock and roll capital of the north....as, erm, everybody knows.

Do we know each other? Not yet!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    That is an amazing write up!!

I really REALLY don’t like sunburst Fenders (a totally unjust predujice left over from the apauling 80s copies, mine being a P bass by Kay) but I now really want that one. 
    dazzajl said:

I really REALLY don’t like sunburst Fenders (a totally unjust predujice left over from the apauling 80s copies, mine being a P bass by Kay) but I now really want that one. 
    If you haven't played a Custom Shop guitar, make sure you do. The quality is amazing. 
    Feel free to come over!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Hattigol said:
    dazzajl said:

If you haven't played a Custom Shop guitar, make sure you do. The quality is amazing. 
    Feel free to come over!
    If I wasn’t at the other end of the country, I might have let myself risk it. 

And I have had my hands on a few and yes they are lovely. Though oddly my favourite Strat wouldn’t fetch enough to buy a CS case. 
    dazzajl said:
    Hattigol said:
    dazzajl said:

Feel free to come over!
    If I wasn’t at the other end of the country, I might have let myself risk it. 

And I have had my hands on a few and yes they are lovely. Though oddly my favourite Strat wouldn’t fetch enough to buy a CS case. 
    It's worth the trip, buddy!