RCA Plug for speakers

What's Hot
bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
my mate has got a very nice harmonica amp which has an 8" speaker. He's been toying with the idea of using a separate cab with it, so I said I'd make up a speaker lead for him. The speaker connection on said amp is an RCA connection and it's a very tight fitting one too. I had a couple of rca plugs kicking around but they are quite loose fitting. Obviously not ideal for a speaker connection.
Are there slightly different sizes kicking around out there? And where would I pick up one that will snuggly fit? Or should I just change the rca to a jack socket?
cheers!
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I'd have thought that all RCA connectors should be the same size
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    I'd have thought that all RCA connectors should be the same size
    You would think so. You would also think that all 1/4" jacks and plugs were the same size too... but they aren't. Different manufacturers interpret the dimensions and tolerances differently.

Personally, I would change it to a 1/4" jack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd have thought that all RCA connectors should be the same size
    I've bought rca leads before for the reverb on my bandmaster and they were a sloppy fit.
    i suppose the proper answer is that the rca speaker lead is probably not the best choice for the job.
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Sounds like you need to implement Plan B
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Plan b commencing. Switchcraft jack socket ordered!
    The Swamp City Shakers